Birthday fun ... With guns ..

If you think Buicks eat money, try spending an afternoon dumping 50 round drums from a full auto Thompson. 45's have gotten expensive. I remember the good old days of buying a 1000 box of GI .45 for $100.

Even worse is the cost of 800 gr bullets for the 50 BMG sniper rifle. Comes out to about $5 a shot even loading my own.

But like they say - having a fun day shooting - priceless

By the way - that shell in my avatar is a 16" HE battleship projectile made for the USS Iowa that I restored. Weighs 1750 lbs empty.

Try humpen that with your ruck

if you think buicks eat money, try spending an afternoon dumping 50 round drums from a full auto thompson. 45's have gotten expensive. I remember the good old days of buying a 1000 box of gi .45 for $100.

Even worse is the cost of 800 gr bullets for the 50 bmg sniper rifle. Comes out to about $5 a shot even loading my own.

But like they say - having a fun day shooting - priceless

by the way - that shell in my avatar is a 16" he battleship projectile made for the uss iowa that i restored. Weighs 1750 lbs empty.
thats a big bullet !! And yes quite costy .

Yes it is getting costly to shoot! One big thing that does help save that money is to reload. But one thing else i do is cast my own lead bullets. so its all in how far that you are willing to spend money to save it. If i have the brass already and the bullets casted up i will only spend for the primers and powder. So it only caust me about $80.00 to do up 2000 rds. But if i have to get lead and brass add another $100.00 to that. But i have a ball of fun reloading and its fun to shoot it when you make it yourself. Because all i do is smile and look at the fool that bought only 50 rds and say to yourself i am having the fun shooting 500 rds.:biggrin: