You can type here any text you want

Black paint finish for GN Wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crisp76

Any suggestions on what is the correct black finish for the GN Wheels? I have some SEM Trim Black paint but not sure if the finish is more of a Satin Black? As long as it’s close, I’m happy. They are faded and chipped. Thanks.

I have had better luck with the satin black for the wheels. I feel the trim black is just a bit more flat looking in certain light. This is just my opinion from experience touching up and painting a number of wheels and trim parts on the GN over the last few years using one or the other of these two paint colors. Masking off the chrome on the stock wheels is very time consuming. I found in some cases on some wheels I was able to actually thin down the paint and use a very small brush and put a 2nd coat on as needed. Any paint you get on the chrome can easily be removed if going this route. Good luck !

I just tried a little bit of SEM Trim Black and you’re right, it’s a flatter sheen than what’s currently on there. I will try the Satin. Definitely not looking to mask anything off.

When brushing the satin on I buy the small can at Menards/Lowes/Home Depot. Stir it up good, use a small brush and you should be ok. Remember it is hard to see the part of the wheel toward the car, only the edges next to the chrome outer part of the wheel is what everyone sees. If you get a bit of paint on the chrome you can get it off of that surface once dry if you missed a spot but if you can remove it while wet that for sure saves some time. Good luck !

Any suggestions on what is the correct black finish for the GN Wheels? I have some SEM Trim Black paint but not sure if the finish is more of a Satin Black? As long as it’s close, I’m happy. They are faded and chipped. Thanks.
Wheels are in a very inhospitable environment. I would be looking for some very rugged paint.The SEM is great paint but it will surely stain easily. I would have a look at>620-1433 Seymour MRO High solids Industrial Paint< comes in a spray bomb too.

That Seymour paint looks like an excellent choice. Very nice before and after results online. That you guys for the tips and suggestions!👍

Back