You can type here any text you want

Black smoke under accelration

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Under heavy acceleration I can smell gas and big puffs of black smoke come out the exhaust. Can a chip help with this problem or do i need to adjust FP levels? Reason I say this i read a post regarding the same thing but there was really no answer. ITs a thumbwheel chip for SMC alky. Chip is by damn gorgot his name, he out of Flint MI. He made the alky kit. Its an adjustable chip though. Who else makes a good chip for alky?

Steve has the 40's pretty down pat. I doubt you have a chip issue. I would go ahead and find a cause for your driveability with the CAR not the cal.

me too

I was hoping it was normal, under average throttle I have no smoke. When I hammer down, I do get a fair amount of black/gray smoke. My o2's are in the high 700's usually, So I don't think i'm rich. I figure it's just alot of fuel being burnt quick to push this 3800 lb sled down the road in a BIG hurry. :D

As for the gas smell, Maybe it's some blow by under high boost coming out of the breathers and finding it's way to your nose via the vents?

Back