You can type here any text you want

Bleeding brakes after blazer swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mjdwyer23

Woosh WaGoN
Can anybody walk me through bleeding my brakes after I swapped the fronts for the blazer ones? Thanks!

Do you have the PowerMaster or vaccum setup?

Is that all you did was swap the front disks/calipers?

Ok, it's easy.

Pump down your acc ball (10 pedal pumps with the key off), leave the key off, and bleed it like you would any other vehicle. The pedal will be stiff, but it can be done.

If you have one of those vaccum pumps, it makes the job much easier.
No pedal pumping needed.

Ok, I haven't bled anything before, do you have a link to a write up? Thanks again

I've got the procedure written, but haven't got it posted yet. I'm going to get pics to add to it. Camera hasn't shown up yet.

If you have a friend that has done it, get some experienced help.
Pump bleeding is what most know.

Basically, someone pushes the pedal, someone else loosens the bleeder screw on the caliper, fluid and air squirts out of the bleeder screw, bleeder screw is tightened when fluid stops, pedal is released. Repeat over until no air shows up at the bleeder screw. Keep the bowl from running out of fluid our your will regret it.

It's handy to have some clear vinyl tubing that fits over the bleeeder screw and drains into a jar or container of some kind. Keeps down on the mess.

Ok, I haven't bled anything before, do you have a link to a write up? Thanks again

do what zeus said about depressing the pedal 10 times to pump down the acc. ball.

its a 2 person job.

then with the key off pump the brake pedal rapidly untill hard, then while with the pedal still "down" and your foot still on it, have somebody crack the bleeder screw open... fluid will come out, when the pedal is almost bottomed out, have that person close the bleeder.

*important* do not let the pedal back up untill that screw is tight agian, otherwise you will suck air back into the system.

repeat the the process untill the person opening the bleeder sees a steady stream every time its opened under pressure.

start with the wheel furthest away from the master, and work your way to the drivers front(closest).

if you only did the fronts, just do the pass. front first, then the drivers side.

brake fluid is corrosive, so do not let it get on your paint. you can let it go on the ground because just water will clean it up.

HTH
-Jeff

Back