You can type here any text you want

Blm difference..Turbotweak & Extender

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I'm dealing with a cutting out problem @wot & currently have a thread going on in the general buick tech section... here's the link ( http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/350037-low-o2s-cutting-out-wot-etc.html )
Anyways, I've been running the turbotweak chip version 5.6 for some time now & my fuel pressure is set @ 43 line off & my idle blms are 135-136...
Anyways, tonight I decided to change chips just to see if it might be a chip problem, so I installed my old chip which is an extender chip & my blm's went straight to 160!!!
Why would there be such a big difference in blm's between the two chips??

The Darkside

a couple things.

1, the TT and extender chips use ECM non-volatile memory for their adjustable parameters, but in entirely different ways. Be sure to clear the ECM when changing styles of chips (unhook the ECM back-up power wire)

2, post the extender part number and the injectors, MAF/translator setting details.

3, the TT chip is open loop and slightly richer at idle, and if you have a vacuum leak or fuel pressure issue, would not correct for it.

Bob

a couple things.

1, the TT and extender chips use ECM non-volatile memory for their adjustable parameters, but in entirely different ways. Be sure to clear the ECM when changing styles of chips (unhook the ECM back-up power wire)

2, post the extender part number and the injectors, MAF/translator setting details.

3, the TT chip is open loop and slightly richer at idle, and if you have a vacuum leak or fuel pressure issue, would not correct for it.

Bob

Bob,
I did unplug the orange wire by the battery before changing chips. I couldn't find the extender chip information sheet, but did find the original receipt from Ramchargers when I bought it back in 2002 & will pm you that information. It has the invoice #, the Customer # & the order # on it...

Bob, I just found the chip info sheet.....The part # is BS057BOF...injector size 60 lbs & octane 98...

when you install it, how do you set the switches in the translator?

Bob

when you install it, how do you set the switches in the translator?

Bob

Switches are set on, on, off & the 4th switch (which isn't used, right?) is on....the knobs are set for setting 1...3.5 maf & the rest are all no change

You

Must drive the car for a few miles for it to learn blms . If you just change chips & idle it will not work .. Take her for a spin and see if blm changes ...

Switches are set on, on, off & the 4th switch (which isn't used, right?) is on....the knobs are set for setting 1...3.5 maf & the rest are all no change

Dip Switch Setting:

Extender chip (chip number starts with B) ON ON OFF OFF

Extender Extreme (chip number starts with E) ON ON ON ON

all other "plain" chips ON ON ON OFF

Bob

Back