BLM's 109

TURBO2

I'm trying to get ready for emissions testing in MA but something is way wrong. I'm using a stock type chip set for 60# injectors (Motron 60's) and I'm down to only 25# of Fuel Pressure to get where there is no throttle tip in stutter. My Scanmaster shows the INT at 122 -132 but the BLM's are at 109 (at idle). If I go any higher on the Fuel Pressure the INT goes to 110 - 120 and the BLM's are bottomed out at 105.:confused:

Whose chip are you using? Are u sure its for 60# inj? It sounds like it is not and its dumping way too much fuel.

Order yourself a Turbotweak chip for 60#'s and I will betcha your problem gets fixed and you can put your FP back up to 43#'s.;)

Well, there's definately something terribly wrong with the way that chip was reburned. Better have it checked for the "proper" injector constant.
With a properly burned "smog" chip (btw, that's the way I used to make them, take a stock image and change the injector constant) you should be able to run correct fuel pressure (42 static) and have fairly decent blm's.

I'm guessing the wrong injector constant was applied.

Order yourself a Turbotweak chip for 60#'s and I will betcha your problem gets fixed and you can put your FP back up to 43#'s.;)

I don't think that's going to help him. TT chips for the most part are open loop (at least at idle) and have no egr function.

Unless he specifically has a "smog" version, which he apparently doesn't.

I'm going to download a copy of Erics emission chip off of his website tonight and see if it runs any leaner.

Thats what you should try,have Eric burn you an Emissions chip for the mototron 60's, it is meant to be used just for emissions testing, then go home and pop your street chip back in.

I don't think that's going to help him. TT chips for the most part are open loop (at least at idle) and have no egr function.

Unless he specifically has a "smog" version, which he apparently doesn't.

Dave we dont have any smog/emmission tests down here in Louisiana...thats all greek to me.

Im glad we dont have to mess with that it sounds like a PITA!!

I burned a chip using Erics Emissions Image for 60# injectors.
Now I've got the following readings;
O2 82-707
AF 05
L8 32-33
BAT 13.8
INT 122-135
BLM 128
CLG 200
RPM 800-875
TPS 0.42
IAC 05
NAL 00

I could only raise my Fuel Pressure to 32#'s Static to achieve these numbers.
At the same time the whole garage smells like it is actally running very rich (stinging eyes).

I burned a chip using Erics Emissions Image for 60# injectors.
Now I've got the following readings;
O2 82-707
AF 05
L8 32-33
BAT 13.8
INT 122-135
BLM 128
CLG 200
RPM 800-875
TPS 0.42
IAC 05
NAL 00

I could only raise my Fuel Pressure to 32#'s Static to achieve these numbers.
At the same time the whole garage smells like it is actally running very rich (stinging eyes).

This is only a guess, but are the blm's always 128 at idle??? I'm guessing the chip is never making it into closed loop operation.
Remember, you can't just start a car and let it warm up in your driveway in hopes of achieving any useable data. It MUST be given a drive cycle of a few miles, then at a stop sign or stop light look at the idle blm's. Do they lock on 128? If so the chip is still in open loop idle and will never pass that way!!!

It's changing, if I go up on the FP it drops below 128 and if I go down on the FP it goes up over 128.

I went through emissions yesterday and passed with no problems. Nice to have it back on the road again.:biggrin: