You can type here any text you want

Block replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This is for Mart u
I have a new set of 4.1 +.040 , which would be 4.005, Hyp. pistons. They have the thermal coating done to the top.
I was going to use them but never did. Have had them for 2 years. Was moving some stuff yyeaterday and ran across them. Planned on putting them in the for sale section soon. Now, having said this, I would caution you on using the older 80-82 4.1 block. Rumor has it they were not as good casting as the 83-84. I don/t have any data to back this up, just **** house rumor. Maybe someone on the board knows more about this. Also I would be cautious of cyl. wall thickness. That is the one thing I really questioned when I read all the info. in the build up on the board. A sonic test will reveal wall thickness.
BTW I want $150 for the pistons, that includes shipping.

I ran a 4.1+.020 for 3 years at 22psi with out any block problems

Lee
I would love to take them off your hands---But I think I should have this blocked checked as you said first. UNLESS you think there would be enough stock on the bores as they would only be going +010. Mind you this motor isnt ever going to see the track. It will get a cam and maybe some port work,my focus will go back to the 3.8 after this one goes in.
as far as the blocks go it was my understanding the early oil gallies were smaller dia. which I should be able to open up no problem. Which leads to another question if I go through this motor and open up oil passages will a high volume oil pump be able to keep up?
Lee my e-mail is urbanm@iserv.net we can talk about getting those pistons.

marty

I have heard 383 stroker pistons and 3.0L (the long ones) will work in a 4.00" bore 4.1L.

Back