You can type here any text you want

blocked off pcv now smokes from valve cover breathers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chops

Block off pcv just put in vacuum brakes neveer smoked with pcv connected

I have to agree with TURBOPOWERED68 its probably blow by. The pressure inside the crancase has to go somewhere. Hook the PCV back up and see if that takes care of the problem.

Let's see..... You did away with the PCV (positive crankcase VENTALATION) and you're surprised you're getting smoke from the valve cover breathers? :rolleyes:

Was it smoking before you removed the pcv?

If the pcv is in and your getting smoke out the breathers you would then have a potential head gasket failure or cracked rings. What you are describing sounds pretty normal to me.

It was not smoking with the pcv connected I was told to dissconected to run my vac brakes there I guess am going to. Have T off into the line

Billet Aluminum Vacuum Block

It was not smoking with the pcv connected I was told to dissconected to run my vac brakes there I guess am going to. Have T off into the line

Why not do like most people do when going vacuum brakes.......tee in off the top port on the bilet aluminum vacuum block. Easiest / cleanest tried and true way of doing it. You can get these from any of the major vendors, Caspers, Kirban, G Body, etc, etc.

dave

Attachments

• 102090 bilet vacuum block with tap.jpg
    102090 bilet vacuum block with tap.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 250
Why not do like most people do when going vacuum brakes.......tee in off the top port on the bilet aluminum vacuum block. Easiest / cleanest tried and true way of doing it. You can get these from any of the major vendors, Caspers, Kirban, G Body, etc, etc.

dave

thats what i have on my car

i accidently put my aftermarket check valve back words and my breathers were huffing away. the reason i found out i pulled off hose and try to test it and when i pulled the valve off the pcv valve the idle raced

Back