Blowed my headgaskets again!

sorry to open up a can of worms asking you how much boost your running. But we r here to help you and each other :D now after you get everything back together......REMEMBER START WITH 15lbs and go up one CLICK AT A TIME......youll b fine dont panic

srry bout the can of worms with the boost question....we r here to help each other,youll get it right.....just remember when u get it back together go up 1lb of boost at a time starting at 15lbs of boost

MY GOD,I get different info everytime I get on here and ask a question! When I was putting this motor together I was told to have fuel pressure at idle with the regulator at 55 to 65 lbs. So that is the way I set it up. I did have a fuel guage taped to my windshield the last time I drove the car and I was told fuel pressure should rise 1lb to every 1lb of boost. So at idle it was at 55 or 65[please excuse me because I really dont remember which one] and under boost it went up like I was told. So if someone is telling me one thing and someone is telling me something else what the hell am I supposed to do??

PLEASE tell us what IDIOT told you to set your fuel pressure to 55-65 at idle so we can track him down and perform the appropriate attitude adjustment and correction. :eek:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/147348-tuning-alkycontrol-kit.html

Its a sticky for a reason. Please read and read.

Your first step in tuning is with a scantool make sure the BL numbers are correct on the motor. This will verify your fuel pressure is setup properly.

There is no way the BL can be correct with 60 PSI base fuel.

What happens is the computer see's the car is very rich and pulls out as much fuel as it can to try and compensate for it. Next is you pump a bunch of boost into the motor with a leaned out curve.. and kaboom there goes the gasket.

Now what has happened is the high fuel pressure more than likely has been washing down the cylinders and getting into the oil. So your oil is trashed, you detonated it with trashed oil=bearings are trashed, and you milkshaked the motor=bearings trashed.

Yes pull motor.. flush out the cooler if you run one.. your turbo may also have gotten hurt if any metal in oil.

All this over setting fuel pressure way too high.

Lastly.. the motor having Champion heads moves more air and makes more power. And is touchier to tune. This motor should not have ever gone this high in boost without perfect tuning at lower boost levels. Especially with junk 91 octane gas.

We all pay to go to school. This is part of the education. Please link to where you read 60 PSI fuel so we can make a correction and this doesnt happen to anyone else.

Good luck on the teardown. At least you didnt blow the bottom end out of the block.

I find it hard to believe that you got the advise to put fp at 60 lbs on this board. Maybe your engine builder?? As you can see by all the raised eybrows if we saw that post we would have raised a ruckus.

Turbo Dave I do not know who it was it has been over a year ago when I asked questions about the turbo,fuel pump and cam to purchase for my car. Gulls Gn I did not suck that fuel pressure off my thumb because I did not know **** about these cars when I bought it and I am learning the hard way about what Is right and wrong.No my engine builder did what I was told off of this board. I have talked to a man who knows and has built several of these cars and he is who I am taking it to this time to rebuild. I am going to do it right this time!!

InHock, it's too bad you got some member that gave you bum advice. This board is full of very knowlegable vendors and experienced TB owners. Unfortunately there are also plenty of internet "experts" that pass out advice. Using the search function is a very good way to confirm or learn what your looking for. Many responses to the questions asked are answered by the real experts and then confirmed by others. It's a learning process for sure. For you, this one will be expensive though. Your GN has potiential, with a good rebuild and tune you will be happy.