You can type here any text you want

Blown head gasket, pulled motor, upgrade questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike70gtx

This is my third head gasket replacement. Really thinking about cometics. I have arp bolts, is it worth getting studs? I don't have a bunch of money, but I want to get some things right with motor out. I also had low oil pressure. I had an on and off ticking sound, like a lifter. It would come and go.
Engine history (check signature for parts) After this rebuild I went 4000 miles and blew head gasket (alky pump quit), Head gaskets were two steel shim gaskets with copper spray between. 2nd set went after 5000 miles. I guess miles are irrelevant compared to passes at the track. Then went with the 9441's and now 9000 miles later (I think these have been weak for awhile.
Questions: Worth getting studs? Do new lifters and check push rods or go with roller? (probably too pricey) I have some play in the turbo. How much is too much. How much to have it rebuilt? My heads flow about 25% better than stock. They were angle ground and flowed. I'm not sure how much has been shaved off of these heads. Can my head guy check?
I want to get it in the mid to high 10's. These are quite a few questions, but I have more.

Back