You can type here any text you want

body bushings and alignment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well, I just finished this install, and a few things were wierd about it. When I unbolted the front bushing, the body almost lifted as if there was tension holding it down. There was only 1 shim there on each side and still a pretty big gap. Anyhow, the process went pretty easily but when I got to the passenger side, and lowered it down, there was almost an inch between the body and the two rear bushings. But all the other ones (not the front most) sat flush. I thought maybe something was caught under there, but I checked everything and it was sitting flush on the GNX bushing, so I dont know why it was so off. Anyhow, I used a jack to lift the frame up a tad and got the bolts in. Everything is tight now.

Now, as far as lining up the rear end. When I put all the bushings in, I put a thin layer of grease on the top of all them. And before I tightened all of them, I checked the rear alignment. It looked to be an inch off to the right. So I went to the passenger side and shook and pulled it, and it eventually went into place. I got it almost centered, just a few millimeters off. But it should be good. Hope this helps ya.

Scott

Back