You can type here any text you want

body bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
What is the best kit or best place to get these? Also should I get regular stock body bushings or poly bushings?

What is the best kit or best place to get these? Also should I get regular stock body bushings or poly bushings?
----------------------------
I prefer stock body bushings on a street car, and both Dennis Kirban at Kirban Performance and Brian at GBodyParts have them, and other vendors as well.

wes my car came with a complete poly kit i believe from g-body,but they were the polys and they squeaked for some time,if you get them and want the "extra" bushing i never installed it and you can have it....the squeak went away and they seem to work great my car sits level,a noticable difference for sure,mine were missing or wasted....

bb

wes my car came with a complete poly kit i believe from g-body,but they were the polys and they squeaked for some time,if you get them and want the "extra" bushing i never installed it and you can have it....the squeak went away and they seem to work great my car sits level,a noticable difference for sure,mine were missing or wasted....

Yeah you gotta install them with plenty of the lithium grease. I had full front energy suspension bushings on my old blue T and learned that. It handled better than stock for sure. Just wondering about body bushings as well. Probably gonna do the body ones as this car is a every now and then race car. Do not drive it everyday. I also have the gnx upper rear bushings already and might install them too.

I'd go with oem style rubber. They wont make your car handle like a slot car, but they wont squeak or make you feel every bump in the road either. Remember, your oem bushings lasted 20 yrs.

I have the poly bushing with the extra one installed and have had no noise issues. And the poly's will last the life of the car.

But the GM set also wont transfer road and other vibrations to your butt via the seat. I have been in several G bodies with the poly body bushings and they do transmit more noise and vibration to the passenger compartment.
Best set up IMHO, is to go to the dealer and specify the body bushings for an 85-88 Monte Carlo SS. My father has a low mileage 88 and it is the tightest feeling G body I have ever driven.

But the GM set also wont transfer road and other vibrations to your butt via the seat. I have been in several G bodies with the poly body bushings and they do transmit more noise and vibration to the passenger compartment.
Best set up IMHO, is to go to the dealer and specify the body bushings for an 85-88 Monte Carlo SS. My father has a low mileage 88 and it is the tightest feeling G body I have ever driven.

I'm in the process of ordering some body bushings and was doing some research to determine which bushings to order and ran across this post.

What is the difference in the 85-88 Monte Carlo bushings vs the OEM for the GN's?

Where can I find part numbers? Know of a website where I can ask the question?

TIA!

Dannyo

To really Tighten a Regal with little effort/expense, buy 6 Lower 457915 "Pink" bushings and install them Where you only have washers, now. You will feel the difference when you go over railroad tracks or around a corner.

No, the car won't be as tight as if you put in All poly, but the glovebox won't rattle as much, either.

I'm in the process of ordering some body bushings and was doing some research to determine which bushings to order and ran across this post.

What is the difference in the 85-88 Monte Carlo bushings vs the OEM for the GN's?

Where can I find part numbers? Know of a website where I can ask the question?

TIA!

Dannyo

Find a patient GM parts guy and have them look up the bushings. Some of the bushings for the Monte are the same as the Buick. But to save time, I just specified all for a Monte SS as these seemed like the most solid driving factory G body.

There's not much of a difference anymore. All of the bushings have been replaced by one set of numbers now. Originally the MC was thought to have the hardest bushings out there. Thats a myth. They ride like a truck compared to the Regal because they have a full set in there. Personally I'd go with the the GM set even if I was setting the car up for ultimate handling. Fresh bushings are just as hard as the polys. Give them a year or two to break themselves in.

Help support the turbo Buick community and TB.com by supporting the suppliers, vendors and / or turbo Buick Specialty shops that are TB.com Sponsorship Team members.

lol

we will match their prices :D

I always send peeps to you bro. Just posted up the part number. :)

The reason that monte felt tight is because it did not have much horsepower or torque tweaking on the body bushings like the TR did ;)

I always send peeps to you bro. Just posted up the part number. :)

The reason that monte felt tight is because it did not have much horsepower or torque tweaking on the body bushings like the TR did ;)

I have a 10 second Monte and it still feels tighter than a Buick ;)

lol

I have a 10 second Monte and it still feels tighter than a Buick ;)

stock for stock there was no comparison. However I am a huge ss monte fan. Want one sooooon with a dart sbc and a large snail.

so what's the consensus? poly or oem??? brian's gm kit doesn't come with bolts. i need to order a whole kit. it's murder to reuse the old bolts unless you get really lucky. i did the body mounts on my chevelle and i had to sawzall one of the bolts out. don't know how different it is on a g-body, but are they all set up with a bolt and a nut, or are the nuts welded to the frame? why gbody kits so much more expensive than a-body???

Back