Bolt broken off in turbine housing

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
Now I figure I'm really in trouble...

Took my stock wastegate elbow off in hopes of installing my new downpipe & exhaust...first 3 bolts came out of the turbine housing with no problem after soaking overnight with PB Blaster, then 4th one broke off without ever budging loose. Drilled it (tip of drill bit broke off in it but still had tons of room for an easy-out). Stuck the easy-out in it and proceded to try to turn it and....the easy-out broke off in the bolt!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: Heated the housing around the bolt a few times with an oxy/acetylene torch and tried to grab the nub with vise grips but they only chewed the nub away more. I was wondering if there is anything else I could try or do I have to get a new turbine housing? If I need a new turbine housing, how do you remove the housing from the rest of the turbo and install the new one, what information do I need to order it, how do I obtain the information, and who do I call to order it? Turbo is a TE44 with a Garrett turbine housing...

Thanks...

There are drill bits out there that can drill through stuff like that. You can try McMaster-Carr. Look under drill bits to find them. If you do it this way you will need to remove the housing from the turbo and firmly clamp it to a drill press table to do it. Anything flexing will brake the carbide bit and you'll be done.

The turbine housing unbolts from the compressor. Stop wasting time and just pull it and bring it to a machine shop. Been there, done that.:redface:

The turbine housing unbolts from the compressor. Stop wasting time and just pull it and bring it to a machine shop. Been there, done that.:redface:

Are there any gaskets between the housing and center assembly I need to know about so I can get them ordered? I've pulled the whole turbo out before but never took one apart. Thanks...

Got it apart and will find someone to take care of this for me. Thanks for the advice