More power 6776

I might have another problem, my intercooler. It's an old Kenny Bell big boy. Not the first design, but the second much smaller design with 33 vertical tubes.
With the electronic controller you can see the behavior of the turbo system by the amount gate pressure and set point targets.

With the electronic controller you can see the behavior of the turbo system by the amount gate pressure and set point targets.
Does anyone make a 3.5 in downpipe that will clear my Kenny Bell headers?

400$ pipe from gn1 and a little love is your best option $$$wise.
Otherwise pm me
Pipes can be made
I have an aluminum 4 inch on my other car😎

I just went to the gn1 website to find out that they sell duplicates of the Kenny Bell headers.

I just went to the gn1 website to find out that they sell duplicates of the Kenny Bell headers.
Call them , I believe you want to talk to Archie ( the Boss ) , he can probably tell you because I asked about my ATR's before I purchased mine .

Before I put the Tnetics 6465 on I had a TE45A . It was a night and day difference . The 6465 spooled way faster and was really fun to drive . After Dave Husek built my new motor I used the same 6465 and the car ran good but it was holding the motor back . Mr Spool suggested the Comp 6767 tripple BB .85 ar . He drove and tested the car and found that there was high back pressure , so we switched to a 71 ex housing and went to a 3.5" downpipe . Back pressure went down , HP went up ...a lot and it spools faster than it ever did on the 6465 . Mr Spool can fill in the details .
What is your back pressure to boost ratio?

On the 6767 & 3" downpipe it was close to 3:1 , now with the 6771 & 3.5" downpipe and cut-out it's 1.8:1

So what level does a 252" engine need to be at to support this awesome quadruple bald bearing turbo?

Interesting video on hot side back pressure, plus some of my thoughts. Like hearing about the experience of others.

Here is a good example of backpressure and what it cost. You have to look at only between 6000 and 6500 rpm for this example, because he had uncontrolled waste gates, so this is the only range that boost was equal and hence an equal comparison. He did not provide measurements on the intake side other than manifold boost, but since the same intake components were used, I bet negligible difference here. The other piece that would have been nice to know is the exhaust temperature at the turbine inlet.
The back pressure difference is close to 6 to 7 psi, which is netting roughly 50 HP on this particular engine. This is a dyno test, so spool up is not represented. Since the turbo and intake tract are the same, exhaust down stream of the turbo is the same, all of the difference is in the hot side exhaust.
The compressor side power requirement, between 6 to 6500 rpm is going to be the same. The intake flow for both cases will be essentially the same (fuel flow would have been another good piece of info), unless do to cam overlap you may be getting some more mass flow through the engine with the lower back pressure, and turbine shaft speed would have to be the same. This means the exhaust flow has to be different through the turbine. The only way that occurs is if exhaust is hotter, higher specific volume, less mass flow through the turbine at higher pressure. The higher pressure will give a higher pressure drop and more energy extraction from the exhaust to drive the compressor at the same shaft power with less mass flow, which means more is being passed through the waste gate in the lower power case. I think the better flow and volume of the SS tube headers is allowing more expansion and hence cooling of the exhaust gas, lower specific volume and hence lower pressure before the turbine. The headers are also likely dissipating more exhaust heat that the Hookers too.
My guess is the power picked up mainly due to reduced pumping losses.

On the Buicks, the stock headers and the aftermarket stuff is usually not a problem like this example with the Hooker cast manifolds, but it does show the cost of back pressure on HP, so optimizing the hot side and the turbine is important.

1699622685526.png

Someone very close to me,who makes stupid $, asked what i want for xmas,, oh my. My stock balanced 109 rotating assmbly in my sig. With the instant power of the HTP bb6466 ,, keeping it fat on 93 and alky, low10s a/f ,, 16/15" ,,turbo 70% all in ,, how long will it be before i split it down the middle?