Bolt Torque Specs

Bob Lob-Law

I'm going to be rebuilding a Hot Air engine. Is there any page that shows the torque specs, or should I just use the ones for the 86/87?

I'm not sure. I bought the car to restore and was told that the engine would just need a refresh. However, I just dropped the oil pan and there is a lot of metal in there. Some pretty big chuncks too. I might just go with one of the 109 blocks that I have.

It shouldn't be much different between the years as far a torque specs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my son-in-law and I took a look at the engine. The pistons had an incredible gap between them and the cylinder walls. You could actually see the rings. I'm going to mic the bores just to see what the size is, however, I'm going to go with the 109 block that I have. Been sitting around for a while. Thanks for the responses..

Looks like the crank and block are trashed. Here is what I found in the oil pan.....

Attachments

• IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    710.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    677.6 KB · Views: 88
I was thinking the timing set let go but you have bearings gone in that thing.
So, crank is probably toast unless those are cam bearings.
Stock specs are:
Rods 40lbs
Mains 110lbs

Yeah, they were the crank bearings. I'm thinking that the rod bolts and main bolts were driven in by an impact wrench. I had to use my half inch extended breaker bar to pull the rod bolts out. I had to use my half inch impact to get the mains out. They were in tight. Crank is toast. The fillets are gone.

Yeah, they were the crank bearings. I'm thinking that the rod bolts and main bolts were driven in by an impact wrench. I had to use my half inch extended breaker bar to pull the rod bolts out. I had to use my half inch impact to get the mains out. They were in tight. Crank is toast. The fillets are gone.
Wow...that's terrible. Time for a trip to the machine shop. Good luck!!