You can type here any text you want

bolts and pulley questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anarchy

One fast Hot Air
my motor.jpg
Hello fello turbo buick family. just a few questions i have. i currently have a hot air 85 grand national. thats getting ready for a over hual. (up grade to 87 motor). the motor i bought is missing a few things pulleys and bolts. i have the header bolts along with the headers. it is a top to bottom motor. i have bought a intercooler along with a turbo and all that fun stuff.... my questions are as follows do i need to 1. get new pulleys or can i use the ones that i have now, minus the ac compressor i have that brand new. 2. can i use the bolts that are on my 85 motor to install the pulleys. and or any brackets that i might be able to use.

Brackets most likey won't work. They are different from a hot air to intercooled. The bolts you will be able to use.

All of the drive pulley system off the 84-85 you can sell. The 86-87 uses an entirely different belt ect. It has a serpentine belt drive and only uses 1 belt.

86-87 = Serpentine belt.
84-85 = V belt's
ALL pulleys and brackets are different between those two and will not work. SOME of the bolts will work but not many. Been there done it, several times.

well i have been looking through the net tryinfg to find a boly set for the car and no luck been to gbodyparts and i been to kirban and so fourth still no go. smh.....

Castrolgreen has an 86-87 conversion set up in the parts for sale ?? how much of it or how complete it is I don't know, check with him. Do you have a 86-87 wiring harness?

i do have the harness. im just missing the bolts and brackets to put the pulleys on.... thats all that stopping me from moving on with the build.

Back