You can type here any text you want

Bone stock Z06 on drag radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
didnt know they could go 129.5 mph bone stock, but apparently they can.

damn!,now thats one fast factory car that i now respect!

its has speed
it has torque
it has suspension
it has traction control
it has the looks
it has the styles
and it's a damn chevy!

one of the best cars ever built straight out the factory!:cool:

:eek:Man that guy can drive! I haven't seen 1 hit 11 flat yet. Well i did now, good job buddy.

I'm sure the guy is a good driver but I'm also sure his elevation and conditions was nice. That car would probaly run 11.xx here in West Texas:frown:

Just when I thought I have a turbo car that will keep up with a Z06. 129 is flying, I guess I will just go after Vipers.:p

The yellow one right?

I have seen 11.50 at 124 mph on street tires.

I saw a yellow new z06 at the grove a few weeks ago. I thought it had a bit more MPH. 127 is what I thought I saw. Funny thing was everybody was saying the guy didnt know how to drive the car. He walked it out and still went 11.50. Those cars are real bad.

I think they are listed at 11.7 in the mags. Almost a second of the quarter just by adding drag radials:confused:

That is totally bad azz there! It has been since what the 60's since you could buy a car and put tires on it and run 10's?

-800' DA is always nice.

Yes sir, it would run like 11.5's here with our crapy elevation and dry air. Anyhow, My Harley runs 14.8's stock all day long but I know a guy up north running flat 13's in one stock :eek: Just to give an example of what conditions and elevation does for you.

good tmes for sure. but the altitude is wrkg wonders and if it where in TX, that would slow down some :D

Even here in Detroit the best we have seen at the track on Drag Radials is 11.20's :(
Still damn fast 4 a stock car but if I put $60,000 in my T I am sure I could go even faster lol
:eek: :p

That is totally bad azz there! It has been since what the 60's since you could buy a car and put tires on it and run 10's?

Could you even do it in the 60s? What would run 10s with traction? Just curious. My dad likes to talk up his Mopars from 'the day' but I don't think any of them had a 10-second MPH in them.

Jim

Could you even do it in the 60s? What would run 10s with traction? Just curious. My dad likes to talk up his Mopars from 'the day' but I don't think any of them had a 10-second MPH in them.

Jim

Nothing that had any production #'s. 69 ZL1 Corvette (which only two were built) and the 69 Yenko Nova (< 30 units), both cracked 10's with slicks. Vette is well documented.

Not a mopar guy but, remember reading of a few Hemi packing darts/demons
that were able as well.

None of the 60's cars though could stop or corner or get the same gas mileage and low emissions that the Z06 gets. It's a WAY better car.

None of the 60's cars though could stop or corner or get the same gas mileage and low emissions that the Z06 gets. It's a WAY better car.

That goes without saying. It's funny - just yesterday I was driving to lunch with a co-worker and a late-60s Camaro went by. It was nicely restored with big tires, slap-style traction bars and a lot of other old-school stuff. He said "wow - that must be really fast!". I said not really - there are minivans produced today that would give it a run for its money.

I was just reacting to the statement that you couldn't get performance like that since the 60's. I don't think there's EVER been performance out of a mass-produced American car like the new Z06.

Jim

Back