You can type here any text you want

Boost and fuel pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

Hello. I am new in the turbo world, so I have much to learn. I just bought my first Grand National and it is currently setup to run 110 octane fuel. It has a 16 position thumbwheel chip, 42.5# injectors, PTE-51 turbo, and the boost is set at 25 pounds. Since I cannot locate such an octane around here, I'd like to lower the boost down to about 20# so that I can run 100 octane unleaded.

If I lower the boost, do I have to adjust the fuel pressure down too? I know, probably a 'noob' question, but hey, I am new at this. :biggrin:

Should not have to with a thumbwheel chip...What thumbwheel chip is it??

What do you have for tuning tools??

Should not have to with a thumbwheel chip...What thumbwheel chip is it??

What do you have for tuning tools??

All I know is it's a "Max Effort 16-position thumbwheel chip". It's currently at position "C".

The seller also threw in a laptop that has Turbo-Link software for tuning. The car has an aftermarket boost gauge, tach and fuel pressure gauge.

Hello. I am new in the turbo world, so I have much to learn. I just bought my first Grand National and it is currently setup to run 110 octane fuel. It has a 16 position thumbwheel chip, 42.5# injectors, PTE-51 turbo, and the boost is set at 25 pounds. Since I cannot locate such an octane around here, I'd like to lower the boost down to about 20# so that I can run 100 octane unleaded.

If I lower the boost, do I have to adjust the fuel pressure down too? I know, probably a 'noob' question, but hey, I am new at this. :biggrin:

if you want to save a ton of money and run to run the same boost level then purchase an alky kit from julio at http://alkycontrol.com/ it will pay for itself in no time then combine it with an alky chip from TurboTweak Home you can run 93 octane and the kit runs on methanol

Back