boost at line with t-brake

pwhite

I have a 400 with a t-brake on the way. I have not driven a car with a t-brake and was wondering what boostand rpms should I leave the line with on slicks . I understand on radials tire spin is an issue but on slicks what do yall launch with

thanks

I launch with 12lbs with a t-brake. It seems to be most consistant on the ET. I have been 18 lbs, $1200 later trans was fixed.
Mitch

I expected nothing else out of scott. Neither woody or scott have ever agreed with anything i have to say. Go ahead launch with 20+ lbs of boost.
Mitch

Originally posted by buickboy
I expected nothing else out of scott. Neither woody or scott have ever agreed with anything i have to say. Go ahead launch with 20+ lbs of boost.
Mitch
Au contraire' mon Mitch...I am not disagreeing with you at all. I was just agreeing with Woody that the faster cars leave with 20+. You can't really state what RPM/boost combo everyone leaves with (on t-brake) as every turbo/cam/converter combination will leave at a different combination of RPM/boost.

To elaborate on what this Mitch guy says...start out easy and build from there. Eventually you will find a boost/RPM level that will always blow away your tires...obviously, step back from there. BTW, when the boost gauge reads 1psi, look at your tach - that is your true (TR-specific) stall speed.

In order to launch "like the big dawgs", you need suspension mods, bigger tires, strong tranny, yadda, yadda, yadda (stuff that Woody and I use!)

in other words, if it breaks when you launch, you launched too hard!:D