You can type here any text you want

Boost control co2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
YUp, I have tested it last night, but i dont use co2 i use an air compressor and regulator set at 35 psi. When the msbc is set to 15 psi i get 16 psi boost. COnnect the top of the wastegate to the co2 (to the incresase solenoid) and the lower port of the gate to the turbo port (boost pressure) You could also use manifold vac, but it might cause a vac leak through the gate seal , they all leak.h

look here also:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/hookup-1.gif

Originally posted by norbs
YUp, I have tested it last night, but i dont use co2 i use an air compressor and regulator set at 35 psi. When the msbc is set to 15 psi i get 16 psi boost. COnnect the top of the wastegate to the co2 (to the incresase solenoid) and the lower port of the gate to the turbo port (boost pressure) You could also use manifold vac, but it might cause a vac leak through the gate seal , they all leak.h

look here also:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/hookup-1.gif

So you can put the line to the bottom of the wastegate to the unused vac port coming off the turbo???

Also what size vac line is everyone using to hook up this controler.I am having overboost problems with mine and looking for some ideas(will go to co2 if I have to but want to make sure everything else is right first)

Thanks John

Keep the length of the lines to the solenoid very short and i am using 1/4" id lines, it should not ovevboost, the co2 will create more chance of over boosting than usinng the eninge supply air.

question about using CO2

I have not used CO2 before to help control my wastegates. Are you users talking about the small 10OZ. bottles that would work with a throttle stop or air shifter? Do you refill these from a large bottle like a welding tank size? Any guess on how long a small bottle holds the desired pressure? like 4 passes? - - and is anything wrong with using just compressed air or maybe nitrogen? Thanks, Mac

I am using compressed air, with a small compressor and tank, i dont see anyhting wrong yet, just mainain a constant pressure of 35 psi or so if you plan to run near that boost pressure

I hooked up the CO2 bottle, purchased the bottle and gauge set from Summit, used the Biondo kit for $110.00. It worked great last weekend at Norwalk, I dialed in 26lbs on my controller it gave me 23-24lbs, dialed in 29lbs, I ran 25-26lbs. I still have some testing to do, but my main issue was getting a consistent boost level from the starting line to the finish line, it worked great. Insteat of lower boost than my target in 1st gear and much higher in 3rd gear, I had the same boost level the whole run. Follow the instructions with the Boost controller for hookup, it was simple, I just removed my boost source from the intake and installed the line from the CO2 bottle.

Ya i found the same thing and dont know if the co2 guages are just not that accurate, I need to run the co2 higher than my target, But my target stays what i tell it to be.

I have been redesigning the system. WHen you run the external source, i am finding if you want to run low boost, the boost will overspike due to the high pressure, as the Msbc gives full boost to the top pressure source very quickly, hence you try and run 15 psi, It will spike to 20 psi, because i have the top pressure set to 35 psi. A solution is to reduce the external pressure to the boost you intend to run plus maybe 3 psi or so.

However being totally obessed with this stuff i have desgined the system to use manifold vaccuum up to 20 psi boost then switch over automatically to external source after 20 psi. Also its tied into my fuel pressure gauge with external output, so that if the fuel pressure is not enough ,over 20 psi boost will not be allowed, hope it all works!

Jack,

Did the innovative boost controller have problems controlling what it was set for without the use of CO2?

Most all cars I have sold them for and installed them in have been fine. I went to the CO2 because I was having problems, after installing it I found my map sensor to be bad......

Back