You can type here any text you want

Boost Control

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

Maybe a stupid question, but do you need an adjustable wastegate to run higher than stock boost levels? Or can you get a chip reprogrammed to run at higher boost levels?

My WRX can be reprogrammed to run higher than stock boost levels. Not sure if the TTA operates the same way.

Yeah you can get chips from www.turbotweak.com Eric is pretty well known for doing a good job. Anyways he can burn chips for different fuels and will adjust everything for you. His chips are also adjustable so you can do your own tuning with a scan tool. Do some searching and you'll find a lot of information about using chips and other tuning devices.

Thanks. I actually have one of Erics chips built around stock settings. I just wasn't sure if an adjustable wastegaste was necessary for higher boost.

I believe Erics chips allows personal adjustment of timing but i don't think you can control boost settings.

This works great for a cheap effective in car boost controller. Plus there are other options.

BTW, were in SD are you located ? I'm originally from Poway, now in Temecula.

Thanks.

I live in Chula Vista. Actually i used to live in Fallbrook (15yrs) so i went to Temecula many times. There isn't much to do in Fallbrook. I still go up there maybe once a month to visit some friends. Somehow we always end up in Temecula.

Back