You can type here any text you want

boost/driveability problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
replaced filter with no result, sooo... possibly time for a compression check.... i did notice excessive oil in the air cleaner appears to have come from the oil filler/breather tube...

replaced filter with no result, sooo... possibly time for a compression check.... i did notice excessive oil in the air cleaner appears to have come from the oil filler/breather tube...
Yep perform your compression test and hopefully you don't find a bad valve/seat on one of the cylinders.
When was the carb rebuilt? or was it? If everything else you check ends up being alright then I say it's time to confirm that the secondary circuit in carb is the culprit. You said that the car will idle and cruise just fine and this problem only occurs when you mash the throttle. So It's possible that the secondaries are just not flowing the fuel your engine needs with the boost on. Perhaps there is just some dirt or gum/varnish in it.

performed compression check and everything was ok.....havent had much time otherwise

hmm...........

you mash the pedal.... makes that loud deep howling sound, feels like it wants to pic up power....

but instead starts popping and jerking? its like a pop deep within the intake kinda sound?

but yet if you roll into it nice and gentle you can come up into full boost and power?

your going lean.

I bet your PEVR is shot.

A.j.

Back