Boost Gauge

Chatmanboy

I bought a another boost gauge and i cant figure out where to run the vaccum line. should i take it off of the stock boost line and run it there but it looks like its t off and run somewhere else...

the easiest option would b to hook up to the intake manifold u will get accurate boost readings at the front of ur intake manifold there is a small screw that is screwed into the manifold doing nothing with the fittings that come with ur boost gauge u should b able to screw ur vacuum right into there u cant miss it its right behind the coil pack next to the thermostat if im correct i highly recommend the copper line for ur gauge which u can buy at any autoparts ill try getting a pic of where the hook up is if u have trouble finding or not sure most guys will agree with hooking ur boost gauge there hope this helps

heres a pic of where u would hook up ur boost gauge i dont have my oil gauge hooked up yet hey solo can u post up a pic of how ur oil gauge is t'd off where u have it hooked at?

Attachments

• image0007.jpg
    image0007.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 430
Not the best pic but it is right after the oil pump- steel line going up to the turbo is on the left...

Oil sender Boost temp 010.jpg

ok so i c the oil line that goes up to the turbo on one end of the T so where on that T joint is the oil light sender at ? is it directly on the opposite side or on the next leg of that T joint ?

ok so i unscrewed the turbo line unplugged the oil sender and wats left is a rectangular block that has the other end of where i disconnected the oil sender from that is screwed into the block do i remove this rectangular block and put the tee instead its hard to see in the pic ? im a bit confused

I left my original idiot lights and senders in place- thus I added the Tee to provide another "hole" for the gauge sender- so I am running the sender for the idiot light as well as the oil pressure gauge so both are shown... If you wish to pull the idiot light sender out and not use it you can use that hole for the oil pressure sender- The water temp. is the same way- sensor for idiot light is in the top of the tee and the water temp. sender for the temperature gauge is the one shown in the front of the tee... hope that clears this up :smile:

Mat

ia that the MAT that u ran on the pic?

No, the MAT is in the rubber part of my K&N filter- drilled (I think) a 3/8" hole in the rubber part of the filter and stuck the MAT in the hole and ran the wires from the kit I got from Casper's thru the speedometer cable hole, under the dash and plugged a couple in to the ECM... that's it!!

ok wat u say is clear osolo my confusion is the pic u took so i took one of wat it looks like under my hood u can see the oil feed line on the left attached to that rectangular fitting, u can see the oil sensor plug in the middle of that fitting, then to the right of that rectangular fitting it screws into the block somewhere my question is from the pic i took where do i put the tee at ? between the oil feed line and rectangular fitting or between the rectangular fitting and the block ? or does that oil sensor plug screw off and tee there maybe? i know ths is very simple just confused at this point thanx for answers and patience

Attachments

• http___67.195.13.132_us.f1108.mail.yahoo.com_ya_securedownload.jpg
    http___67.195.13.132_us.f1108.mail.yahoo.com_ya_securedownload.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 310
. . . . u can see the oil sensor plug in the middle of that fitting, then to the right of that rectangular fitting it screws into the block somewhere my question is from the pic i took where do i put the tee at ? between the oil feed line and rectangular fitting or between the rectangular fitting and the block ? or does that oil sensor plug screw off and tee there maybe?
A picture is worth 1000 words. :wink:
This is just one option.

Attachments

• Oil pressure gage.JPG
    Oil pressure gage.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 330
Mine is just like Jerryl... hard to get a good pic when you have a oil filter, radiator hose, etc. in the way... :frown:

very nice i agree a pic is worth 1000 words that pic should definitely go into the basic hot air info thread it says it all thanx for that pic jerryl and thanx to u too osolo for all the info

oil sensor plug, it should pop off. Use pliers should give you more leverage, If you can't reach it, might have to take off the radiator hose.