Boost Gauge

ok i got it off it screws off i was referring to the unit with the 3 prones that the connector (female) plugs into so i went to autozone and other autoparts stores and they dont carry the tee that i need did u guys buy them online ? or do i need to go to a home depot or lowes ?

I had one with the sender but i didnt get a reading so i took it back. So im thinking about just running the copper through the car but i want to know does oil run through that to get the reading or how does that work?

I had one with the sender but i didnt get a reading so i took it back. So im thinking about just running the copper through the car but i want to know does oil run through that to get the reading or how does that work?

I would say yes, there is going to be some oil in that tube- my .02

out of curiosity where do u run ur power wire for the gauge light to? do u hook up all ur gauges power wire to the same power source?

did u wire it straight from the radio power fuse in the fuse box or the actual wire that hooks up to the radio? and how many gauges do u have hooked up to the radio power?

directly to the actual radio wires and i have two, i did that because it doesnt demand to much power to light it up

gotcha chat thanx wat is a inline fuse or wat do u mean by that ? regal 85 are u also pulling power from the radio power like chatmanboy?

Any auto parts stores should have a Inline fuse line. Should be where all the fueses and switches are. I also hooked up a toggle to the lights, Tho you could hooked it to the light swtich, should be able to dim them from there. Inline fuse was just because, had it laying around and why not:cool: It's also known as a fuse holder/lnline

Oh I didn' tap into the radio power. I use a unused power wire from my old powermaster brake system. Key on power, ran a ground wire from a fender ground,battery to. I used gold ring terminals for the grounds,had them laying around.

I would just hooked it up to either radio power or light switch myself. If i did that i could dim them, instead of just on/off. My 2cents. hope this helps, As for Chatmanboy, yes oil will be in the gauge line, make sure you tighten fittings good and use a little bit of sealer, oil leaked out all over my console:cool: wiped off but still dont want that happening. Take care

so where did you guys run the wires to the engine bay? was there a grommet you can put them through?

ok guys got this gauge hooked up a few weeks ago and havent fired up the car up till today everything is in working order these r the numbers the oil pressure is readling in idle park about 22 23 wen i put it drive its around 18 am i good ? to high ? or maybe low?

ok guys got this gauge hooked up a few weeks ago and havent fired up the car up till today everything is in working order these r the numbers the oil pressure is readling in idle park about 22 23 wen i put it drive its around 18 am i good ? to high ? or maybe low?

Oil pressure is just fine. You are good to go. Brad

i agree, once you start getting into the single digets is when i worry big time