You can type here any text you want

boost on the line

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spoon

V6 VETTE
I have had my TTA to the track several times with the same results. When I stage as soon as the boost gauge comes out of vacuum to 0psi the car just wants to roll. No boost at 2700rpm make any sense??? Have a new convertor coming though hope it will solve my boost problems. Any ideas would be appreciated. Here are some numbers from last run
60' - 2.182
330 - 5.614
1/8 - 8.341
mph - 90.62
1000 - 10.681
1/4 - 12.662
mph - 113.69

running ta-49/ 42.5# inj

Pump the brakes a few times, pull on the e-brake handle.. that ought to let you build boost.

If not.. change brake pads. I run the raybestos ceramics on the rears, performance frictions on the front. I had tried the cheaper 16.00 pads for the rears and could not hold any boost. The Ceramics i've been past 15 PSI.

With a set of sticky tires, and a 1.6-1.7 60 foot.. that run was a low 12 second run. 90 in the 1/8 is good for a stocker. As is 113 in the 1/4.

Wich chip do you use ? And how much boost ? Alky injection or race gas ?

Daniel

I could never get the e-brake thing down :confused:

I just literally stood on the brake pedal as hard as I could. At about 2800 or so, it would want to just start creeping.

That was with the original pads. Maybe better pads would have produced better results for me.

What tires are you running? I could only get high 1.8x on real street tires. Low 1.6x on Nittos.

I am running a PTE chip and was running 18psi of boost I will try the brakes hopefully that will help. And some tires would be great!!

Both.

Your 18psi run w/ta49 @113mph is why I am curious. I think that is very impressive.

I didnt have but a few runs with street tires, but I would brake boost to 0-1 psi and let it go with the needle moving flashing converter.1.9x 60's on thrasher 92.

If you go with slicks, you will have a smile from ear to ear. I would have to say best bang for the buck for me. Now 1.7x still with the thrasher 92.

Thanks,
Bo

well i filled out a signature so I think that might help. and i also have had the whole motor and tranny rebuilt. je pistons all arp bolts billet main caps

Back