You can type here any text you want

Boost solenoid question

• Thread starter Thread starter Turbo Dog
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
T

Turbo Dog

Previous owner of TTA #259 had vacuum hose on inside nipple of boost solenoid. On my GN it goes on the outside. When I moved it to the outside I get no boost over 10 psi. It went to 16 on the inside. However, it has an adjustible wastegate,which is turned all the way out. so, are the boost solenoids the same part on the TTA and GN? Which nipple should the hose go on? Thanks!

The solenoid is either open or closed. It shouldn't matter which nipple the hose is on. They are the same part on both cars.

The selenoid under normal conditions flows air through it. This aids in boost spool up. When the ECM wants to reduce your boost..it sends a signal to close it..The more boost it wants to reduce..the stronger the signal to the selenoid.

What nipple..doesnt matter.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
The solenoid is either open or closed. It shouldn't matter which nipple the hose is on. They are the same part on both cars.

Thanks for the info- I'll try using the one off of my GN. I still maintain, though, that it matters which nipple is used. I got no boost from the outside one, but I did from the inside one. I'll try switching it on my GN and see what happens. does anybody have the part number for the boost solenoid? I'd like to see what gmpartsdirect charges. Might not be a bad idea to buy a spare- just think if GM discontinues this part!

Back