You can type here any text you want

Boost Stuck @ 19psi & no more !!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I finally got the car running , no leaks , solid oil pressure ( #28 @ idle ) , coolant @ 160-170 max . I took it to Norwalk last May and ran 12.01 @ 118 but my boost was solid at 19 psi the whole run and I'm on E85 & chip burned for 25-28 psi. I talked to Bison at Longhorns while we were there for dinner and he said I'm losing exhaust somewhere . As I expected he was right . I pulled the downpipe and checked waste gate puck alignment and it wasn't completely covering the hole on the turbo . The puck is 1.5" in diameter and it's about .1" short to one side , also there is in & out play on the shaft the puck is mounted to . I've got room to oval out the mounting holes to shift it over . If it still doesn't cover the hole what are my options ??

1b134fd0716e95da48e4ddc671320586.jpg
9536ffc998474eb1e850f2e2f7963a78.jpg

Re-size hole in the location needed. PM me for a plate. They are 304 stainless and i have them with no hole if you want to block off the bypass 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rjc used to make a plate that sandwiched between the turbo and exhaust. It had a small hole for the waste gate. You would use it to cover a hole that was over ported or off center. The plate hole could be ported to what was needed. Don't know if it's still available.

Well there is your answer.:)

Thanks guys , Brian I'll be sending you a PM later today.

Back