boosting problems

87bluenational

Hey guys just want to say thanks for all the hits. Although after everything i still only get 3lbs of boost. I tighten the waste gate rod, took off the elbow and high temp sealed it to the turbo and filed down any rought spots and made sure the puck was up agaisnt the turbo. I was wondering if there was any one in the lower eastern Michigan area that i could take the car to or come on by have a few beers and shed some light on this car. I know the obvious on sooner or later i will need a bigger stall and a better downpipe. But once i break torque it it goes to 3lbs and stays like something is stopping it from going any further. Well let me know if anyone is out there that could help or just keep posting the helpful hints. Thank you all.

what is ur current combo? turbo, converter, exhaust,etc. my car does the same thing but that is because i still have a 2600-2800 stall converter in it with a 6152E turbo. i can only produce about 3-4 psi and thats using the ebrake. plus my poston, pass. side header has a crack around the weld on the #6 primary tube going into the log.

make sure u dont have any exhaust leaks before the turbo, that can kill ur spool time. if ur gonna eventually get a higher stall converter, in the mean time if all else is well, u can try building boost using the ebrake and regular brake at the same time. remember this is not a solution, as i hear it can be hard on ur backing plates!

Right now i have a pt63 with 60lb injectors, with poston headers and 2200 stall. I had tanny rebuilt and the torque beefed up a little from stock. Stcok elbow and downpipe to a straight back 3 inch single flow master. No cat converter(it came like that). I never thought to check the hearders for any cracks. I did buy them used, and even if there is a small crack would that allow the boost to get maybe a samll amount on launch but then allow more boost once i take off? Just trying to find out, and i will have to take a look at those backing plates as well. Thanks for the ebrake tip. I will have to try that and see. If it is nice tomorrow i am going to try and take it to a place where i can see if the boost keeps going up in thrid gear.

r u having trouble with building boost all the time or just when launching it? how much boost r u runnin? ur would definitely benefit from a higher stall converter and a 3 in downpipe. a small crack or exhaust leak would let valuable exhaust pressure leak out and then affect the spooling of the turbo until the RPM's build up.

3 psi at launch or at all times?

2200 is low stall for a 63. A 3000 would definitely help with launch.

Morning all i only get 3 psi on launch. It gets up to 10 before it shifts from first to second. I haven't got it into third yet. I will have to take a good look at those headers for any leaks. And invest in a downpipe and a little bigger stall. Thanks guys for all the help.