You can type here any text you want

bottom end knock!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grandn2

I had the whole top end of my motor done. New heads done by dls with matching intake,new 212 flat tappet cam kit. I have the factory turbo running only 14# . Factory bottom end but was rebuilt by previous owner. I had the car out the shop only 1 hour. I did a boost take off at about 8-10lbs and next thing I know my motor is knocking. It only has 45k on car and motor. I changed out the top half because it was back firing. Found out the valves was chevy valves and oil was leaking in one cylinder from previous rebuild. Can anybody tell me what they think

I think the previous owner didn't do a good job rebuilding the engine and you just got it half right.

I would say between 10-20 . I called my mechanic and told him what it was on. He said thats normal at idle and it raises on throttle. It goes to 50-60 on throttle and is at 60 on cold start up

You rebuilt the top end because it was backfiring? I don't follow that logic.

What's the oil pressure now? Do you have a knock gauge?

I'm also in pittsburgh, who did your work?

It was either get the heads done or buy new and better ones. So I bought new with matching intake. There was chevy valves in the heads and they wasn't seating right. Fj performance did the work. They have the car nite now so I dont know the psi .I have a scanmaster

I got it from s.carolina. I got it shipped up here. I would press the pedal to get on it and it would back fire. Owner said the motor was rebuilt which was confirmed by the mechanic. I only drove it twice before I took it to get fixed. He took the heads off and found the problem. He said the ignition module was bad so I changed that and all the parts that needed replaced

Back