You can type here any text you want

Bought a stage motor....what next?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You have one of the best turbo engine shops in your back door. Give Eric @ ProLine a call. He and Steve just got my stage 2 project back to me in a very timely and professional manner. If you don't know who they are well...

ProLine....

Steve did machine work on my 109 block and my clearances were way off. I had to get a std crank custom cut to fix my clearance problems. That was about 4 years ago. They did machine a stage II for Bowling Green Customs years ago so I know have messed with a few. I guess if I changed my name to Lynch I might be taken more seriously.

If you changed your name to Lynch you would be working at Proline and would do your own machine work. I guess eveyone makes mistakes but eveything that they have done for us has been top notch.

This is my opinion:

You can use even bigger gears in a HV timing cover setup if you want to save money on a duttweiller type oil pump. These are the same tall gears used on a Duttweiller type setup and worked well in my stage motor. About a $75 cost on top of a HV front cover. "I" think that this oil pump setup is just fine unless someone is building an outright record breaking monster.

You will have to find a pickup tube (maybe Lee Thompson might still make them).

Hydraulic roller is the best choice for the street and anything bigger than a 70-71 in a 3 bolt setup is probably a waste because of back pressure. A 67 is too small of a turbo.. unless you build a 256" motor (which is PLENTY of engine too). email me if you want any more information.

I wouldn't mind going to talk to someone at ProLine about prepping this block. There's no doubt that they could do it properly if they were just a little more informed. I just had a bad experience and Mr. Petty wouldn't stand behind his work. I also took a std-std turbo crank over there and ended up getting a N/A crank back that was balanced for my set-up.

Thanks for the info and opinions Eticket.

I would stay away from using a stock cover oiling on a Stage motor. I would atleast go with the Duttweiler style oil system. The good thing about the Duttweiler oil set up, it eliminates the multiple 90*s associated with the stock oiling system. The downfall is the cost but then again, you're building a Stage motor:p.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back