You can type here any text you want

BOV's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

I see some GN's with blow off valves but not as many as turbo import cars. Is there a plus side to one of these on the GN?

I see some GN's with blow off valves but not as many as turbo import cars. Is there a plus side to one of these on the GN?

No not really.............just a cool sound. I have one for sale, it's incorporated into a fmic.....the piping going up to the up pipe. I upgraded intercoolers. So if interested pm me....$275.00 Shipped in U.S.

1-1.jpg

This is a great question, and should be brought up more often on TB.com.

we will make sure to direct all of the questions to you!

LMAO

A.j.

Then I will give everyone my battle-proven method for use.

weld it to cylinder 5 header tube, but plumb the hoses backwards. It's the only way it will work on the odd-fire V6....still trying to come up with a design where each header tube gets it's own bov. Each BOV will be tuned to a different pitch. So depending on where you are in the throttle, the car will sound like a pipe organ.

Then I will give everyone my battle-proven method for use.

weld it to cylinder 5 header tube, but plumb the hoses backwards. It's the only way it will work on the odd-fire V6....still trying to come up with a design where each header tube gets it's own bov. Each BOV will be tuned to a different pitch. So depending on where you are in the throttle, the car will sound like a pipe organ.

that would actually be really cool to see.

A.j.

All the BOV does is to reduce the wear on the compressor side of the turbo by releasing the built up pressure to atmosphere (when the throttle body is suddenly closed shut). On most BOV's there is two vacuum line ports, one line before the TB for Boost and one after the TB for vacuum. The BOV stays shut with a slight spring pressure (which is usually adjustable), so zero boost to positive boost it stays shut. It opens with vacuum to release built up pressure (kinda like a sailor that arrives in port). :)

All the BOV does is to reduce the wear on the compressor side of the turbo by releasing the built up pressure to atmosphere (when the throttle body is suddenly closed shut). On most BOV's there is two vacuum line ports, one line before the TB for Boost and one after the TB for vacuum. The BOV stays shut with a slight spring pressure (which is usually adjustable), so zero boost to positive boost it stays shut. It opens with vacuum to release built up pressure (kinda like a sailor that arrives in port). :)

So what you are saying is that the bov doesn't go on the exhaust system?

(kinda like a SINGLE sailor that arrives in port). Thats pretty damn funny.

I resemble that remark...

EDIT: had to edit the quote because my wife sometimes reads over my shoulder.... :biggrin: We sailors are a faithful bunch.... :cool:

EDIT: had to edit the quote because my wife sometimes reads over my shoulder.... :biggrin: We sailors are a faithful bunch.... :cool:

umhmm........ sure we are! as I go onto my 4th wife, and take on a mistress.

:tongue:A.j.

That's terrible what I said about the Sailor's...me being Ex-Army and all. :) We could always count on having a good time when you guys went out to sea.....you guys left alot of lonely girlfriends around, and us Soldiers always thanked you too! ;)..errrrr sorry.....getting off topic here, now about them BOV's.....

Back