Bowtie Overdrives

PETEGN

Hi, Anyone Get Their Trans Done By Bowtie Overdrives In Hesperia Ca?. Thinking About Getting One Done And Wanted To See How Other People Liked It. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks

New On Site

Just Posted My Message And Noticed My Exact Question. Takes Me A While But I'll Get It. Thanks

There are better people to rebuild your transmission. If you need a carb conversion kit they have a really good one. I use it on my 455 Buick.

Hi Doug, They did a 700 for my 69 about a year ago and the car has about 600 miles on it and seems fine but i heard the gn trans is a little differant. bowtie has a good price but i want to make sure its going to last. i would rather spend a little more and know for sure this thing will hold up for years to come. iam not going to race it or beat on it to much. thanks

Contact Brian Hofer on this board. Goes by "Brian". He has 200's ready to go right now.

Great guy to deal with, perfect support, and one heck of a stout transmission. I have a fairly mild build with a transbrake. Been in the car for about 6K miles and works like the day I installed it.

Bowtie in my opinion is fairly generic. I'm sure they do good work outside the TR community, but I want a guy with a TR building my TR tranny.

Lots of TB.com members have his tranny behind their bullet.

local guy here had one from them .. lasted 4 runs :eek: even before racing it it sucked .. get someone who knows the BUICK stuff .. Russ Merritt did a few for me (for old customers) and they worked great.. Melissa's 9 sec street GN also has his trans with a 9/11 converter ... 9s @ 138+ ... lots of street and RACING miles on it :cool: Also one in my Mazda/ Buick :biggrin:

Hi Dan, thanks for the info. wont go their for sure. dont need to mess around. what is the name of russ's co and where is he located. thanks for the info. i appreciate!!!!
ps i like the sound of the 911 converter. i have ta62 and was thinking about a 3000 stall.

Hi, thanks for the email. i'll probably use them for my car and my brothers. i see the bowtie guys at the swap meet all the time. good prices also especially if you bring them your trans.

Russ Merrit did one for my car 2 times and neither time did it last 1 pass and after paying over 5000 cash he wouldnt answer my calls, and I found out why thogh all the billet parts that were sapposed to be in it turned out to be a billet shaft.... yup thats it, Russ is a clown i would feel bad punching out because hes to much a *****. CK preformance rebuilt it and I have to say its night and day, and Chris and his wife at CK were a pleasure to deal with Thanks Chris working great JIM P

I wouldny use Russ Merrit to work on my kids ten speed bike and Im sure if he did he wouldnt stand by that either.

There are a couple here in town that had 700's done by BTO and I was asked to fix them within the first week on one and make the other work since it didn't work right after install. I wound up building a 700 for the 2nd guy and he gave me the BTO trans to fix and sell as payment for helping him out. Quite a few mistakes inside and valve body-wise.

I made the BTO mistake!

I bought a 200-4R from them 3 or 4 years ago, it took 7 weeks to ship, I ran into problems within weeks, they treat u like an idiot on the phone. OD carrier finally split, broke the center support etc....I then found this website and began tinkering myself, I found that many promised parts were not in my broken BTO tranny....I do a better job myself, with parts and advice from here...lol.