You can type here any text you want

Braided Trans cooler lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Are the any issues using braided cooler lines. I have been reading older threads but there were too many opinions to make a decision. I don't want to have a line failure. I want to replace my stock lines becuse of a new setup.

No, as long as you use quality Hose & Fittings. Several Threads on here with Info.

Any body care to share what lengths of hoses and size of fittings you guys used im about to go this route and would like a little info from someone who has done it thanks

I used 3/8" parker pushloc hose and -6 fittings...can't comment on size of the trans fittings though since Im running an AOD but you'll need thread x AN adapters at the trans.

Any body care to share what lengths of hoses and size of fittings you guys used im about to go this route and would like a little info from someone who has done it thanks

I completed my Transcooler install about 2 months ago. It come out really good. I replaced the return and supply lines from the tranny with braided lines and added braided lines to and from the Transcooler. I used -6AN lines (recommended fby B&M). I ordered a total of i believe 30ft and it worked well. I believe in the "Transcooler install with pics" link, the Transcooler was mounted under the car and he didn't run the lines to the radiator. I ran my lines away from the downpipe just as he did, through the frame (beware the lines will run through the front shock mounting location) to the radiator and up the front mounted Transcooler. 30ft was used total. Make SURE you order braided lines that have Teflon lining and not the natural rubber lining. I originally ordered the right fitting, but wrong lines. I believe all the parts come out to be around $300 to $350 for everything
I have plenty pics of the install and parts, let me know if you need me to post some (sorry, I caught you thread late, you may have already completed your install. I haven't been on the forum in a month or two)

Back