You can type here any text you want

Brake Fluid "container" probs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bird of Prey

Hey guys...

The cap of my brake fluid "container", the thing where the brake fluid is located doesn't fit tight.

The sealing is not the best anymore and the plastic cap doesn't clip in one edge -> see pic

to the pic

where to get a sealing and where to get a container, cause i don't think the cap is the problem...

thx for help

matt

btw: i don't have full braking performance i think (possibly because of the not tighten cap)

i checked it again today and i need the seal, i found it on the firebird parts catalogue.

problem nearly solved..

thx

matt

Please post your brake performance status after the new gasket....I'd be surprised if it makes a difference in brake performance, but I'm just guessing. As long as the orifaces at the bottom of the master cycinder are not sucking air, I think the master cylinder will perform normally. Don't know. :)

lburou said:
Please post your brake performance status after the new gasket....I'd be surprised if it makes a difference in brake performance, but I'm just guessing. As long as the orifaces at the bottom of the master cycinder are not sucking air, I think the master cylinder will perform normally. Don't know. :)

No the cap needs to seal properly. The whole system is pressurized with the cap on. Try taking your cap off and then but it back on. Your pedal will be soft for the first few pumps until it builds up the pressure. It shouldn't be too bad finding the seal or the cap I think it might be the same as the C4s but I could be wrong.

72firebird said:
No the cap needs to seal properly. The whole system is pressurized with the cap on. Try taking your cap off and then but it back on. Your pedal will be soft for the first few pumps until it builds up the pressure. It shouldn't be too bad finding the seal or the cap I think it might be the same as the C4s but I could be wrong.

Thanks, I remember the days when there was a vent hole in the top of the cap.... :)

lee

Hi,
I think it might help to bleed the system.It can't hurt, maybe air got in there somehow.I don't think the cap will make a big difference,though it's time to change the fluid if it has been poorly sealed.Brake fluid is one of those things that never get changed until a catastrophic problem develops.Nice new fluid always makes me feel good...

Back