You can type here any text you want

Brake job opinion on rotors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What is the part number for the Napa's?

For the same price as the SP Performance rotors, I would want to go with a name I trust like Napa.

Ian the way you drive you better upgrade with brakes from a one ton crewcab 4x4 I would feel safer the next time I go for a test drive with you anyway,stay safe & happy holidays.AL

Originally posted by jsta6
What is the part number for the Napa's?

For the same price as the SP Performance rotors, I would want to go with a name I trust like Napa.

Don't you like the SP rotors you said you installed in your '87 in an earlier post? Just want to clarify if you are unhappy with the SP's. :)

turning rotors

If the rotors arent turned the glaze built up on them will not break in or temper with the new pads. they will stop but not nearly as well as if the surface was not smooth,or turned. Performance frictions at auto zone are great pads, AE or application engineered pads form napa are also good. The drilled rotors tend to chatter the lathe when turnind them but no problems with th slotted. If there is one thing your going to do with brakes its TURN THE ROTORS!!!!!!

The HP number sounds right for my brakes too. I've stopped keeping boxes because I was becoming a pack rat. For the cost and ease of installation, I'd do it again anytime.

Kev :-)

Are the twin piston calipers an OEM type part or the aftermarket ones already mentioned? What other system upgrades to they require?

Don't you like the SP rotors you said you installed in your '87 in an earlier post?

I don't have the SP's yet, but I was thinking that I would buy NAPA before I bought a brand I never heard of before. But I think some other board members bought SP's and they have not had any problems.
===============
I too would like to know about the "bolt on" calipers.

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...3.8+L++231+CID++V6&search_string=&org_string=

NAPA ONLINE shows a higher price and a different number

my box shows HP85727L AND R

NAPA online UBP PR85727L AND R

my cost was also close to what kevin said he paid for his...

they are the united ones i believe
BW

Heres some part numbers from Nappy for you guys...

Performance Rotors:

PR85727L and R - ~$140.00 each

"AE" or United Parts Rotors (Premium Brand) are:

85727 - ~$65-80ish

Tru Stop Rotors (Value Line) are:

4885727 - Cheep, dont want em

Ceramix Brake Pads (Premium) are:

CMX7070A - ~$71.99

"AE" or United Parts Pads are:

AE7070AM - Not sure price

And you dont want the Tru Stops.

Calipers, rebuilt Tru-Stops are:

242-2032
242-2033 - ~$15 bucks

On my T-type (daily driver) I run the AE Rotors with the Ceramix Pads. Low dusting, quiet, and they dont eat up rotors. I just replaced my rotors and pads, calipers, all hardware, etc this past weekend. I recommend either the AE or Performance Rotors from Napa, and definately the Ceramix pads. They are awesome. HTHs fellas.......there are a few reasons I love working at Napa :) CHEEP PARTS!

Back