You can type here any text you want

Brake light

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSX-PKV

My brake light began coming on when I first touch the brake pedal the other day. I took the car straight home and replaced the old brake fluid with new fluid. The Powermaster motor sounded normal and shut off quickly after new fluid was added but when I took a test drive, I still have that quick brake light occasionally when first touching the pedal. The pedal feels firm and the brakes seem to work fine. I'm wondering if it could be the brake switch or accumulator ball? Or ???????? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

It does sound like the accumulator to me as well.

Your motor probably seems ok as far as length of time it is on, but I'll bet it is running a lot more often than normal.

Thanks for the info. guys. I'll get a new accumulator. 20 years ago, I bought a spare switch from Kirban for about $25 back then. I'ts still in the package so I might as well put in that new switch also so everything is as fresh as possible.

My car was doing the same thing. It was the accumulator ball. Got a new one from Kirbans and it works great now.

A new accumulator ball did the trick! Glad it was something simple. :biggrin:

Back