You can type here any text you want

brakes again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwmoore

bought rebuilt P/M 2 months ago from se turbo brakes have been great until yesterday light came on hard pedal pulled in shop P/M motor not running unpluged motor pluged motor back in started running light went off good brakes but motor wont stop running.fluid level is good but fluid looks dark very cloudy.pump will stop when i unplug pressure switch or motor.went to P/M diagnostics what is a j35126 tool and where can you get one. does this P/M have a warranty i dont remember.

Don't know if SE Turbo give the warranty or not.
The fluid needs to be good and clear. If it is only 2 months old and looks dark, did old fluid get put back in there? Wait, you said cloudy...like frothy? Is it only on the high pressure side? If so, it was not bled (cycled) correctly when it was installed. The pump is probably cavitating or trying to pump a lot of air. It can't built correct pressure with all that air.

See my sig for proper acc bleeding techniques.

The J tool has been unavailable for years...unfortunately.
I would love to get my hands on one but try to find a GM mechanic that will let one go.

talked to se turbo today said they had some go out that had a bad seal in them i must have got one got some new fluid valoline dot 4 today

New fluid won't fix a seal. It has to be replaced.
Are they going to send you a new P/M?

fluid

I used some valvoline dot 4 fluid in my new power master and got frothy creamy look in the resevoir. Power flushed and went back to regular fluid and no more froth. I was told the two do not mix!:confused:

I used some valvoline dot 4 fluid in my new power master and got frothy creamy look in the resevoir. Power flushed and went back to regular fluid and no more froth. I was told the two do not mix!:confused:

INCORRECT.
DOT4 and DOT3 will mix. I've done it many times with the Valvoline fluid.
It's DOT5 (usually purple silicone) that won't mix with wither 3 or 4.

Keep in mind that when you convert from #3 fluid, the #4 fluid won't be used to it's maximum benefit until the next time it's flushed. Change it, wait about 6 months and do it again. Big difference. It gives the #3 fluid a chance to get well mixed with the #4 and then it's gone in the next flush.

You frothy fluid is trapped air coming out of the accumulator.
It gets churned up under the pressure the P/M operates at.
You need to cycle it a couple of times to remove the air.
See my sig for proper cycling and bleeding procedures.

But if you are happy with your results, then don't worry.

Power flushed? Did you actually use a pressure bleeding device?

Back