You can type here any text you want

break in on rebuilt motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo6man

Hi, I am curious as to how many miles you guys are putting on your rebuilt motors before you begin to give it some mild boost all the way to higher boost. Some questions you might want to know are: I have forged pistons, chromoly rings, roller cam, new valves and guides, 10/10 crank balanced assembly with girdle. Thanks james

Hi, I am curious as to how many miles you guys are putting on your rebuilt motors before you begin to give it some mild boost all the way to higher boost. Some questions you might want to know are: I have forged pistons, chromoly rings, roller cam, new valves and guides, 10/10 crank balanced assembly with girdle. Thanks james

I usually go about .1 miles...the length of my driveway:)

15 mins on the dyno, and then a cool down, valve, and fluid leak check... It's HAMMER time. 15 min's is how many miles in your neck of the woods??? That's what they get, here.

i was going to ask the same thing when i got it all back togather is that really how its done or you just joking?

dont you have to break in the cam or seat the rings?

I drove easy for first 200 miles, change the oil (Mobil 1 synthetic) and went for it. Currently over 2200 miles and no problems:wink:

500 to be safe, but you have a roller cam so you dont need to worry about breaking the cam in. When I asked my builder he said its already broken in :eek:

I drove easy for first 200 miles, change the oil (Mobil 1 synthetic) and went for it. Currently over 2200 miles and no problems:wink:
:eek: Ur runnin synthetic in a new non broken in motor? I was always told to use conventional oil to start at least until the 3rd oil change 1st one being the oil the cam is broke in in 2nd one 1500 miles or so because if you use synthetic the motor wont break in properly cause the oil is to slick....;) Thats how i did my new motor it is a chebby tho.... new buick motor is next....

Dino Oil to break in the rings & they are done in the first 50 miles but they NEED some Boost! Dont Baby it! Worst thing you can do IMO.
After the leak test & 20 mins at 2K rpm for flat tappet cam then 5-10 lbs boost ASAP! keep doing at least for 10 spurts & thats it. Now rings are seated.

break in

Yeah I like most of these other guys it dont take much what I did was maybe 100miles and change the oil to check for metal shavings then from there BOOST BOOST:cool: :cool:

Back