Breathers and Oil

84HAGN

Ok dumb question time there are a lot of post about oil in the valve cover breathers and then it drips onto the header
so heres my question why arn't the valve covers baffled or at the least
why arn't breathers baffled
arn't is to a word ;)

I have a baffled Edelbrock breather and I have no oil leakage at all.

Only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked! ;)

where to order

I would like to know also. :confused:
The breather I got from Kirbans is not baffled. :mad:

I got mine from Canadian Tire. Obviously a CDN store.....
Its got a baffle inside the neck portion where it slides into the
grommet. It also has tiny holes drilled around the circumference of the outer underside of it. It came with a grommet and fit perfectly into the valve cover.

I dont get any oil blowing out of it. Currently running 10-15 lbs boost.

BUT I had oil in my TB and compressor so I guess it was commin in thru the PCV. Since I am converting over to IC w/ 87 manifold I wont be using PCV.

I might go with a second breather on the Pass. side cover.

You can prob get this part at Jegs or maybe a local auto parts place that sells Edelbrock.

Breather & Oil

I've always used my PCV. How do these engines run with a breather on each cover? Is there any pressure on any other gaskets that just changes the location of the oil leak?

I just wanna be safe with a second breather if it will fit under the up and down pipes. One will prob be okay though.

My guess is that PCV sucks oil no matter what you do. Its a real PITA and contributes to knock by lessening the octane levels when sucked into the cylinders.....NFG

PCV Valve - Breather

Hot Six, are you running with the PCV line blocked off and just breathers?
I'd like to do that if it doesn't cause a bottom end problem with the rope seal.

Just converting over to IC with JS Manuf intake - theres no hole drilled for PCV so I am just gonna scrap it and go with the breather I have on the DS cover - nothing else.

I was thinking about one on the PS cover as well but I dont know if theres room or even a need for it.

Im losing the EGR as well - intake is not designed for it. Less emissions crap on the car - the better it will run.