You can type here any text you want

Broke a rockershaft bolt!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
:mad: Well going to meet a buddy at the track (mudstang 07) and was looking at laying the smackdown on him. On the way I pull off the freeway to get my wife a fresh DrPepper and when I pull into the fuel station the engine starts running rough and LOTS of valvetrain noise! Well towed it home and this morning tore the valvecover off and found the rear shaft bolt had broken off down inside the pedistal.:mad: I checked everything and cannot find a problem other than a broken bolt. Has anyone else had this happen? I have not upgraded the bolts for the shafts. thanks, Jon Hanson

:mad: Well going to meet a buddy at the track (mudstang 07) and was looking at laying the smackdown on him. On the way I pull off the freeway to get my wife a fresh DrPepper and when I pull into the fuel station the engine starts running rough and LOTS of valvetrain noise! Well towed it home and this morning tore the valvecover off and found the rear shaft bolt had broken off down inside the pedistal.:mad: I checked everything and cannot find a problem other than a broken bolt. Has anyone else had this happen? I have not upgraded the bolts for the shafts. thanks, Jon Hanson

What spring presures and springs are you running?? Were the bolts orig. or aftermarket

Happened to me a long time ago, probably 1989, I had them over torqued.

Chuck

I'm running the Full Throttle roller setup with the ovate wire beehive springs. Can't rember what the installed the installed pressure is. I will look it up in my paper work. I'm gonna get the broken bolt out this week when I get home. Jon Hanson

I had this happen not to long ago, on my old motor "over torqued". Luckly the bolt doesn't go all the way down in the pedistal, once tightened. At least the original stock bolts don't. Anyway the piece of the bolt that was stuck in the pedistal actually backed out fairly easy. You might even be able to spin it back out with a magnet, unless you used lock tight or something of that sort. Good luck

Back