You can type here any text you want

Broke The Stupid Speedo Needle What The Hell Can I Do?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nonosv6

I WAS TRYING TO GREASE THE DAMN SPEEDO CABLE AND WHEN I WAS REASSEMBLEING IT THE FREAKIN NEEDLE GOT CAUGHT ON SOMETHING AND SNAPPED OF(STUPID NEEDLE!).ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE HELL I CAN DO NOW? THANKS JOEL:mad:

Go to the junkyard, get another cluster, and swap the needle out. I've R & I 'd (remove and installed) them before on other cars. Should just push on.

Unless you can locate another turbo regal, your best bet will be to find an 82? to 85 Riviera. Almost all of the standard Regals I have seen lack the trip odometer on their speedo..........that is not to say you cant just remove the needle, but incase you were going for the whole speedo head, go for the Riv unit....it is identical.

stupid speedo needle

THANKS GUYS,FOR REPLYING.........NOW THEN......SUPERGLUE........
HHUUUMMMMMM????...WHY THE HECK DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? THANKS REDS ...I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT NOW! LOL..I WILL TRY THAT AND I BET IT'LL WORK....BUT IF NOT I'LL TRY TO GET ANOTHER SPEEDO OUT OF JUNK YARD.....ONE MORE THING..DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO RECALIBRATES THEM FOR THE 145 SPEEDO PLATES,AND HOW MUCH MIGHT IT COST.....THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS, FOR ALL THE HELP..JOEL:)

A local speedometer repair place, if you live in a larger town, should do it for very little.

Hmmm, I think Boston qualifies! :D Check the yellow pages. Who knows they may have a spare needle as well.

bweavy, had a setup for that............................pat myers

Back