Broken Diamond Piston. Pics why????

When you get running again give me a call and we will put it on my dyno and make sure the tune is where it needs to be.

True, but unlike yourself, i dont know how to tune it and im not at the track every weekend fine tuning it. For the 100 miles a year i drive it, i can put 116 in it. Not have to deal with running out, pump failures, ext.

So how many miles and track time did this motor see before this happened.

The tunning is by FAST bank to bank tuned by Jack Cotton. Something always seemed off with the way the car ran though. Always trouble idleing, starting and running high boost (more than 24). We couldnt never figure it out.

I've heard of several guys with the same complaint. I'd drop the car off at Ottos Performance next time when you get it back together, he's tight with some of the best tuners in the country. That says a lot.

While they never admitted fault I did get a pretty cheap set of pistons out of them and the new piston was completely re-designed and I will probably run them this year.

LOL, you know Chris we all took up the wrong business. Where else(besides the weather) can you screw up when you are supposed to get it right and get off. Lets see they got paid for the junk pistons and got paid on the second set(you should have got them free) and you eat the R&R. That's racing.... :biggrin:

LOL, you know Chris we all took up the wrong business. Where else(besides the weather) can you screw up when you are supposed to get it right and get off. Lets see they got paid for the junk pistons and got paid on the second set(you should have got them free) and you eat the R&R. That's racing.... :biggrin:

AMEN!

If you want to see the new Diamonds there are pics of them in the ad for the short block I was selling. They dropped the ring lands used a metric ring stack and a few other things to "fix" the problem.

We'll see how they work at BG. If I smok'em I will have the "back up" motor ready to go with a fresh set of CP's from DLS that I already know will get the job done. I don't think they'll be an issue they are completely different than what I had above.