BS in the road

1fast6

Cruising home last night I ran over a metal trailer fender laying in the road:mad:. I was on the highway rolling about 75 when I came out of a curve. Saw it in the middle of the travel lane but couldn't change lanes due to traffic. So I just stradled it and went over it. Sounded like I ran over a bowling ball:mad:
Only damage I found is my ic scoop. Could have been worse... could have taken out oil pan, trans pan, or a tire.
2011-07-22_22-00-13_358.jpg

A long time back, guy in front of us ran over a 20ft piece of angle iron, looked to be about 4" x 6" or so. Blew both front tires, but also kicked the iron off to the side of the road so we were saved. Have also run up on a 10 ft extension ladder in the road but was able to swerve around it. Don't think I'd have those reaction times anymore...

Had to be scary, glad there was no damage.

Less than 100 miles on a brand new 1990 "loaner" Mustang GT (my new 90Lincoln Mark VII LSC was in for warranty). A 4X8 sheet of 3/4" plywood lifts off a trailer in front of me doing 75 on the turnpike coming out of West Palm Beach, flys into the grill. It was spinning like a fisbee and I hit it on the corner so it could have maximum penetration all the way back to the water pump. Flips and hits the windshield and scrapes the roof.

Trailer guy is oblivious, keeps driving and no one else catches him to tell him or get his plate number for me. Thank God it was the loaner.

Mikey

Just had a guy in a Corvette die near where I live. He hit a ladder that fell off a truck. Lost control and went UNDER the guard rail and down an embankment. Never know what can happen out there. Count yourself lucky I guess.

I think everyone has a story about bs in the road. One day my exwife, our new born daughter and I were driving along the fwy in my old 66 Pontiac Bonneville. All of a sudden a friggin plastic kiddy pool about 10 ft in diameter flew off the back of a truck and landed in our lane. There were carsl to both sides of us and I had no choice but to keep going. Lucky we ran right over it. I think back on bad it could have been if that thing was caught under a the tires. We would of spun out like the old e-brake and food tray days back in high school.

Good for you thats the only damage man.

A few weeks ago the back tires of a tractor trailer sheared off when he turned and came onto the highway and struck the side door and fender of my '96 F250. Crazy stuff, good thing the troopers found him so his insurance can pay not mine. Could have killed someone. I would have crapped if it was my buick. Good thing yours is ok for the most part.