Bs3 bv6

fog

Does anyone have wiring diagram of the plug-and-play harness for GN that Precision sold/sells?

I have contacted Precision and Bigstuff but neither has any schematics of the "BV6" build.

The issues are:
1) Where to contact knock module. I have some vague info that it should go to 4th connector X1 witch is marked "SWA"
2) Y2 on the 4th connector that is marked "ASD Sense(Viper)" is also wired to BS3 but other end is not connected to anything. What this can be used for?
3) Y1 on the 4th marked "TOT" is going to LOG connector pin E. What this can be used for?
4) T2 on the 4th marked "fuel pressure" is going to LOG connector pin B. Is it really fuel pressure input, since the box does not have DAE. It only has BASE BV6 DAI.

Thanks in advance.

I am suprised that neither BS or PTE can answer your question. After all they're the ones who made it. I will be contactiing BS today about some other issues and will try and find out for you. I assume PTE was your vendor.

I am suprised that neither BS or PTE can answer your question. After all they're the ones who made it. I will be contactiing BS today about some other issues and will try and find out for you. I assume PTE was your vendor.
Thanks, Yes, the box has PTE sticker on it. it was included with a GN that the engine came from, so I'm not actual "customer" that bought the box, but still it should have some diagrams or manual.
Basically, there should be some diagrams for the pins that get changed for BV6. There are other changes as well not listed in the first post, like AC drivers, TCC driver, 4th and 3rd gear inputs and so on.
I dont have AC or TCC so that I dont need, but knock and all the logging I can get is what I'm after.

I need to get the "Ugly duckling" on the strip this year. Majority of the wiring is done.

I mentioned this thread to PTE today. Hopefully they will respond. If not, I recommend calling Pete @PTE tomorrow

I mentioned this thread to PTE today. Hopefully they will respond. If not, I recommend calling Pete @PTE tomorrow

Yes, they responded, but seems that all the mods have been done by PTE, su I need to contact them again.

I've been dealing with mechanical things lately, but now again trying to get the box running.

Y2 on the 4th connector seems to answer the replay not working issue. I will try that when in garage. Since the BV6 incorporates 2-step, and the new manual states, that with 2-step, the replay is moved to Y2 on the 2nd header(4th connector).

But, about the firing order. BS3 manual does not state where the cam sync needs to be in relation to the firing order. So I looked at other ECU-s and all seems to want cam sync before first cyl in the order.
That got me thinking. Buick cam sync is 25 degrees after #1 TDC, so in terms of firing order, it is between #1 and #6.
So shouldn't the firing order in the table be 654321 instead of 165432?

That got me thinking. Buick cam sync is 25 degrees after #1 TDC, so in terms of firing order, it is between #1 and #6.
So shouldn't the firing order in the table be 654321 instead of 165432?

Since it's a Buick box, it is already setup with the cam sync in the correct place. You shouldn't need to change anything. At least, this is how the Classic FAST was done with the Buick box

Since it's a Buick box, it is already setup with the cam sync in the correct place. You shouldn't need to change anything. At least, this is how the Classic FAST was done with the Buick box

Thanks, will keep that in mind. I'm double checking everything right now, so one cyl will get retarded and checked with timing light.