You can type here any text you want

BS3, cranking issues (long time to start)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

I changed my car over to E85. The only problem I'm having is cold cranking and warm cranking. I went from 65lbers to 120lb injectors. Can someone help me out with the cranking, after start delay, and after start corrections for BS3??? I think my PW (ms) are not correct. Does someone have a good idea what range I should be at with the 120lbs...? Now to start the car I need to give it a little petal and about 15/20 seconds to start.
Thanks for any help

You need to increase the cranking pulse width in the cranking fuel tables. Increase them by the % difference between the two injectors for starters.......

Hope this helps.

When you go from a smaller injector to a larger injector you need to DECREASE the p/w the appropriate amount

A typical cranking p/w for 65# injectors is in the 6 m/s range on a 231 ci motor on gasoline. Since your injector is nearly twice as large you would need to cut it down to the 3 second range ON GASOLINE. Since you are using E-85, I would try a p/w of around 4 1/2 to 5 m/s

A few years back I posted a theoretical approach to cranking pulsewidths:

F.A.S.T Crank / Afterstart help - TurboBuick.Com

You could give that a try. You'd want to multiply the result by whatever % more fuel E85 takes over regular gasoline. So if the result was 10 ms, and E85 takes 30% more fuel than gasoline (is that the right number?), then 10 x 1.3 = 13 ms is what you'd put in.

If you try it, let us know how it works

John

Thanks guys! I'll try it out in the next day or 2 and let you know.
Thanks again for the tips

Back