You can type here any text you want

Bubbling coolant

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The block check needs to be done in the radiator. Drain coolant 4 inches below cap and try again with car running. Easy test is to pull spark plugs and pressure test system. Let it sit for an hour and then turn engine over by hand and watch for coolant at spark plug holes.
That test works every time. Do the block check one more time but at cap of radiator but make sure you drain some coolant because it will mix with liquid. If its that bad of a leak you wont have to pump the bulb on the tester.
The other test would be an air lift test. This test pulls a vacuum on the system. You pull it to 25inches and let it sit .It should stay. good luck. I missed the part where you did test in radiator sorry.

The block check needs to be done in the radiator. Drain coolant 4 inches below cap and try again with car running. Easy test is to pull spark plugs and pressure test system. Let it sit for an hour and then turn engine over by hand and watch for coolant at spark plug holes.
That test works every time. Do the block check one more time but at cap of radiator but make sure you drain some coolant because it will mix with liquid. If its that bad of a leak you wont have to pump the bulb on the tester.
The other test would be an air lift test. This test pulls a vacuum on the system. You pull it to 25inches and let it sit .It should stay. good luck. I missed the part where you did test in radiator sorry.

x2 on the vacuum test. May be some air pockets from the loose clamp?

Ok the plot thickens, when i got home from poker tonight the pressure gauge was at 8 psi so as a shot in the dark I set my lighter next to the cap and slowly let the pressure off and poof redish flames!!! Its Hydrogen!!! so what the hell

Oh sh!t. Never seen that before. I'm with you. Would much have preferred to pull the heads then chase electrical gremlins. Good luck brother!

PH test should that coolant was bad high alkali, I flushed it and tested it again and PH test showed a neutral result. Took it for a drive and the coolant is charged again up to .3 volts (was .18 right after the flush) better than the .6 but still looks like I have some sort of a problem. I'm adding grounds and cleaning all the existing ones...........

Oh yeah no more bubbles in the coolant tank!

Back