You can type here any text you want

Budget built single turbo 5.0 Foxbody coupe runs 6.21 @111+mph in the 1/8 mile.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4htzEq1p5K4[/YOUTUBE]

Stock block 306, C4, 72mm turbo, BS3, etc.

LOL. That was me having to get my son off the track. The car belongs to Mark Kennemer, local guy here. That was the 1st weekend out with the BS3 system.

Fixed a fuel pump issue and went 6.17 but the valve springs were obviously shot. New springs put us at 6.04 but the 55# injectors were maxed out. Put some 83's in and then this happened:biggrin: Turbo is still a very old school P-trim 72mm.

YouTube - 89bluecoupe's Channel

Damn Dusty, you are everywhere! LOL. That car is pretty impressive for what it has!:cool:

It's a real old school turbo kit. It does run faster than I thought it would.

The 5.9 pass was the last shot we had on the last open day of the track. His laptop would not datalog so I was having to tune it blind by listening to it and reading plugs. One change dropped it from 6.02 to 5.96 so I know it will go 5.8's like it is. His 60' was 1.31 but has been 1.28 as well.

It's a real old school turbo kit. It does run faster than I thought it would.

The 5.9 pass was the last shot we had on the last open day of the track. His laptop would not datalog so I was having to tune it blind by listening to it and reading plugs. One change dropped it from 6.02 to 5.96 so I know it will go 5.8's like it is. His 60' was 1.31 but has been 1.28 as well.

What does he have for suspension work?

What does he have for suspension work?

Rear suspension is control arms and anti-roll bar from baseline suspensions.com with Strange dbl adjustable shocks. Front is strange adjustable as well. Front is set about 60/40, rear is fairly loose on compression and tight on rebound. It took a good bit of work to keep it from spinning at 30-40 feet out on the 275/60 radials.

Rear suspension is control arms and anti-roll bar from baseline suspensions.com with Strange dbl adjustable shocks. Front is strange adjustable as well. Front is set about 60/40, rear is fairly loose on compression and tight on rebound. It took a good bit of work to keep it from spinning at 30-40 feet out on the 275/60 radials.

Thanks Dusty.. i'm in the process of doing mine.. those shocks and the word budget :eek:

Instant center set on firewall or drivers seat?

Did you redrill the lower control arm mounts? I ask cause on a 275/60 tire its hard to get the rear down enough with factory tubs to get the lower control arm parallel with the ground. So one way is to move down the mounting point on the lower box..

Back springs using a coilover on the DA shock or using 4 cyl springs?

Looks great leaving..

Thanks Dusty.. i'm in the process of doing mine.. those shocks and the word budget :eek:

Instant center set on firewall or drivers seat?

Did you redrill the lower control arm mounts? I ask cause on a 275/60 tire its hard to get the rear down enough with factory tubs to get the lower control arm parallel with the ground. So one way is to move down the mounting point on the lower box..

Back springs using a coilover on the DA shock or using 4 cyl springs?

Looks great leaving..

Those shocks and the qa1's are budget. Try some AFCO or Santhuff:eek: A good double adjustable shock is a must have for drag radial apps.

We have never played with the instant center. Everything is in the stock location. I'm not sure of the orientation of the lower arm and I'll have to ask about the rear springs. They look stock but may be 4 cylinder.

Most of the work to get the car to leave was in the front and rear shock adjustments and the boost control. Once the car sits back on the tire you have to put the power in quickly. If the front falls to rapidly it will spin.

Back