budget roller cam fiasco?

Jeff Rand said:
I believe that the legal system states that every product sold has an "implied warranty" which means that the product will perform in a way that it was intended.
Jeff
You are correct. Everyone in this case had a possibility to pursue a legal remedy. The only difficulty would be proving that the cams were in fact "defective."

m233roller, If you could have proven that the cam was defective you would have had a very good chance of getting a large part of your $5700 in damages. The statute of limitations has probably run out on this one, but if they sold a whole lot of these and most of them failed you would have had a good chance.

That is why I never fill out a warranty card on anything I buy. All those do is LIMIT the manufacturer's liability. You get the best warranty from the law.

disco stu said:
Yep. All true. But when you sell parts that have a consistant failure rate and you pass the buck by saying "oh, well... we have not heard of anything like that happening. You must have blah blah blah". And then you hear of all these other people that have been told the same thing, that is bad form.

I know racing parts have no warranty. Because hell, if who know what could happen. Someone could try to warranty engine bearings if something crazy happened, like, SOMEONES CAM flaking metal in the engine.

This horse has been beaten before, but it still pisses me off.

Harland Sharp Roller Rockers come with a lifetime warranty.
If they, PTS, built junk they should be responsible for the mess they make - to say it is a race part is a BS excuse. Do they still sell the same cams?

Jeff Rand said:
I believe that the legal system states that every product sold has an "implied warranty" which means that the product will perform in a way that it was intended.
Jeff

this is true unless boldly and expressly denied
- but the race parts come with no warranty comment is not true.

It is good to know who stands behind their products - Please do not be bullied into thinking it is classless to comment on failures - bad vendors need to be put out of business.

I'm back... whoosh87 here with a new name.....lol!!! WTF!!!!

Fast with class......how on earth do you go fast with class when u have a POS budget roller in you motor? Junk from the get go! Racing part? not even close! just keep brown nose'in PTE. I'm sure there might be something in it for you.

Everyone who who bought one of these got taken in this ordeal and lost a grip of cash. There where very few who got a billet roller in return from the cam manufacture. Thanks to Neil I didnt have to pony up for a for a new cam.....just had to spend cash on a new 54, and going thru the motor again. i wouldnt even complain if it was faster than normal wear and tear.......but come on 1000 to 3000 miles in most cases. defective, incorrect advertising, no back up from PTE AT ALL! in fact they came on the board trying to justify the product then disappeared from the board all together. CROOKS with a capital C. I will never forget either.