Buick ShownDown

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
Anybody have any feedback?? Something other than it was hotter than hell, we all know that!!

Had some guys break yesterday, oooouch.

:D

From what I herd in the staging lanes everyone was turning the boost way down because of the heat ,bummer. I know I look like a lobster today. see you all next time.

Originally posted by bsdlinux
Anybody have any feedback?? Something other than it was hotter than hell, we all know that!!

Had some guys break yesterday, oooouch.

:D

Well if your talking about the LSBC Mini Nats I though it was a good time. This was my first trip to the track in San Antonio and I was impressed, the track was nice and so were the people.

Being in Texas we all know about the heat hehehe, I don't know
about turning down the boost other than to run consistant ET times, I know I did not but because of the heat we all were slowing down. The first passes of the day were the fastest Art Freeman run his personal best of a 9.50 on his first pass, I ran a 9.86 on my first shake down pass and not changing nothing the car slowed down to a 9.91 on the second pass because of the heat, but did not make any more passes because I was pressureing up the rad (you know I now have to change head gaskets) but this started last Friday and I was hoping the sealer would take care of the problem :(

One guy that broke was Earl Howe, he had an oil line come off on his remote oil filter, I hope things work out for him.

The get togeather in the Alamo Country parking lot the night before was a real Hoot, some people like to party (until 0400).

I would like to thank the people at the LSPBC for all there hard work and trouble setting up the event and giving us a place to come and play, I just wish more people would have come.

I hope the LSPBC has there Buick/Ford shootout there in the fall.

If you did not go you missed a good time.

Take Care

Me my wife and my dad drove down for the day to check things out. It was hot. The turn out was a little disapointing. There was some fast cars there. Art's and Neals car where hawling some a^%. There where a few other cars there going some 10's. There was this real nice white ttype there. It should of hawled some a*&, but they where still tunning on it. The track was great, very clean and well maintaned track. I didn't take my car. Im getting it ready for Bowling green. Hopefully they can move this event to March or April where it would be a little cooler next year.

See ya later

Yo y'all,

Yeah, it was a very pleasant little get-together. I don't think anyone really expected much more of a turnout (48 cars running) due to the new location. I hope this thing will grow, and there's no good reason it shouldn't, especially if we get cool weather dates in the future. I always race through the Texas summer so I had no problem with the weather... it was a beautiful day.

The people who attended were highly motivated to be there, whether they could have their cars ready or not. Personally, I thought it was a very nice facility, good track, and great track personnel. They were glad to host us, what a nice change. Good to have some of that IHRA hospitality. Thanks to Todd King and Adi Glatz for contacting the track to make it happen.

What I noticed was first the starting line traction started to slowly diminish, then the heat of the day slowed things down some more as eliminations began. I only made very minor adjustments during the day. Too bad that Neal's car was burping water, but he did the wise thing in not pushing it after that.

Art
Lubbock, TX

Yeah it really is a great track for things like this. Not too big, not too small, rarely is it overcrowded. Laid back atmosphere. Well maintained.

I was glad to see the people who came out, many of them "again"! I tried really hard to have mine there too, but not to be. I think a better date, away from the Nats date might have received a better turnout. A month earlier would have been alot cooler weather <whew>.

If we want the Buick v Ferd there that'd be great. San Antonio is overrun with mustangs basically, and of course it's also 5 time street outlaw champ Mike Murrilo's "home" track ;-) Better bring the really fast Buicks for his car, Havemann's new outlaw turbo car and Tim Palmer's new 4v mod motor turbo outlaw car, who also call the track home ;-)

TurboTR