Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

Had a good time at the event. I think the event was ran well just wish I had remembered to arm my co2 switch for the final round. Had no boost controller or shifter. Car left good but of course fell on its face after the sixty foot mark Will return next year for sure.

Had a good time at the event. I think the event was ran well just wish I had remembered to arm my co2 switch for the final round. Had no boost controller or shifter. Car left good but of course fell on its face after the sixty foot mark Will return next year for sure.
That car was awesome, glad you came.

I had a good time even though I had to pull the Buick out of the race. First qualifying pass it shifted into third I think, and I had nothing there. RPMS jumped real high so I let out, then got back into it and the car picked up and ran fine. I got on it twice on the return road and it did the same thing both times. Guess I will pull the trans and have Lonnie go through it. I went ahead and entered the Denali and I was expecting it to be mid 14s, but best I could do was 15.19 @ 92 and qualify as the second slowest Buick and put a scare into a Mustang that has "been in the 13s" according to the owner. I will throw what pics I have on here. Dick's chestnut Limited was awesome! That car is clean clean clean and a well preserved bone stock, optioned out car.

Attachments

• 20131012_114845.jpg
    20131012_114845.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
  • 20131012_123214.jpg
    20131012_123214.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 129
  • 20131012_123220.jpg
    20131012_123220.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 136
  • 20131012_123317.jpg
    20131012_123317.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • 20131012_125357.jpg
    20131012_125357.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 123
Here's a few more - Bones, Tweaked, and Randy's Vega

Attachments

• 20131012_125413.jpg
    20131012_125413.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 20131012_134827.jpg
    20131012_134827.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 123
  • 20131012_134419.jpg
    20131012_134419.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 20131012_134359.jpg
    20131012_134359.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
Had a good time even though we got killed. It looked like there were a lot of close races we just didn't win very many of them. I was the slowest Buick lol with my Rainier but with only 67 Buicks and 79 Fords that put me against a 5.0 Mudstain Conv. so there was not much I could do. My GN is currently down.

I towed my sons 87 GN to the event and he ran a best of 12.18 @ 109 winning his race. I'm proud of him. He has a lot of the old stuff that was on my GN. Lookout next year my GN will be in the tens!

We got killed and it would not have mattered but how could the score be 55 to 21? that is 76 and there was only 67 matches. Someone told me they counted the first races that were Ford on Ford??????? If this is the case that is total BS! Adding insult to injury.

If this continues you will not only lose LSPBC participation but our sponsorship as well.

David Newton
LSPBC President

We had a freakin blast. Car ran it's best pass ever. 10.46 @ 130. Not too shabby for an n/a big block street car.

I raced Mr. Giant Hood Scoop in the finals, but I guess he broke. Never saw him until he pulled in behind me on the return road. Anyone know what engine combo he was runnin' to need such a huge scoop?

Event seemed to run pretty smooth. I liked being able to tech in Friday and not have to do it again. The eliminations could have flowed a little better and I think having groupings is probably the best way to handle that, but overall, it was a good deal.

Oh and the announcer really butchered some people's names. lol Can't wait for next year!

Attachments

• DSC_8778.JPG
    DSC_8778.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 106
Had a good time even though we got killed. It looked like there were a lot of close races we just didn't win very many of them. I was the slowest Buick lol with my Rainier but with only 67 Buicks and 79 Fords that put me against a 5.0 Mudstain Conv. so there was not much I could do. My GN is currently down.

I towed my sons 87 GN to the event and he ran a best of 12.18 @ 109 winning his race. I'm proud of him. He has a lot of the old stuff that was on my GN. Lookout next year my GN will be in the tens!

We got killed and it would not have mattered but how could the score be 55 to 21? that is 76 and there was only 67 matches. Someone told me they counted the first races that were Ford on Ford??????? If this is the case that is total BS! Adding insult to injury.

If this continues you will not only lose LSPBC participation but our sponsorship as well.

David Newton
LSPBC President

LOL...seriously? I'm sorry sir, but sounds a bit childish. They pay you guys way in, they let every GM product without a bowtie in the grill compete on your side, and you will drop out of a race that's really just a screw off session because it's for fun, because of that?

Yeah, I agree, you don't count the ford vs ford races as points that makes it nearly impossible for the side with less cars. The 14 slowest Fords on the property didn't have to compete, yet half of them got a point? It has never worked that way before and if that's the way its gonna go I will not be back either.

LOL...seriously? I'm sorry sir, but sounds a bit childish. They pay you guys way in, they let every GM product without a bowtie in the grill compete on your side, and you will drop out of a race that's really just a screw off session because it's for fun, because of that?

Wait until it is the other way around then let's hear it from the Ford side. Buick on Buick or Ford on Ford should not count. It didn't make a difference in this race but wait until it does.

I could care less who they let race I drive Buick's! And as far as who got in free not me or any of the LSPBC members for that matter we paid our way in as well as the sponsorship money.

Wait until it is the other way around then let's hear it from the Ford side. Buick on Buick or Ford on Ford should not count. It didn't make a difference in this race but wait until it does.

I could care less who they let race I drive Buick's! And as far as who got in free not me or any of the LSPBC members for that matter we paid our way in as well as the sponsorship money.

I'm not saying that I agree that those points should count. I'm saying I think it's a bit ridiculous to pick up your marbles and leave the playground, because you didn't like a rule. Maybe it's just me, but this race is a time to go have fun. We take hamburgers, a grill, our families, and make a whole day out of it. It's a great time to hang out with other car enthusiasts at the track, and make a few passes in an event that brings people together in a less hostile environment than a "real race."

My car broke, and I still had a great time. I don't care who wins......ford......Buick.......doesn't matter. I hung out with friends, had a few beers, and saw some some really cool cars from both sides go down the track. I saw a GN run in the 8s, which I thought was pretty awesome. I saw a blazer drag the bumper, which was also awesome. I saw a Mustang drive in under its own power on drag radials, run a 9.73@140, and then drive home under its own power......awesome.

Obviously it's not my place to tell anyone what to do, but to miss out on such a great time over some hurt feelings, seems absurd to me.

Guys, rest assured that Ford/Ford or Buick/Buick Team cars will not be counted as match winners. Never was, never will.

I'm not saying that I agree that those points should count. I'm saying I think it's a bit ridiculous to pick up your marbles and leave the playground, because you didn't like a rule. Maybe it's just me, but this race is a time to go have fun. We take hamburgers, a grill, our families, and make a whole day out of it. It's a great time to hang out with other car enthusiasts at the track, and make a few passes in an event that brings people together in a less hostile environment than a "real race."

My car broke, and I still had a great time. I don't care who wins......ford......Buick.......doesn't matter. I hung out with friends, had a few beers, and saw some some really cool cars from both sides go down the track. I saw a GN run in the 8s, which I thought was pretty awesome. I saw a blazer drag the bumper, which was also awesome. I saw a Mustang drive in under its own power on drag radials, run a 9.73@140, and then drive home under its own power......awesome.

Obviously it's not my place to tell anyone what to do, but to miss out on such a great time over some hurt feelings, seems absurd to me.

I agree all those things are great same here for me. I have been to 14 of these and my club has been a sponsor more than a few times but let's keep the fun fair that is all I am saying and yes I will take my marbles and go home as you say if the Ford on Ford or Buick on Buick is counted. That is not fair to anyone. Let's hear from Blake on this subject.

This discussion points out one of the very important parts in this rivalry, which is car count and participation. Like my Team members above who ran SUVs or tow trucks to keep the car count up, I also brought a knife to a gun fight with a stock Turbo Limited. I counted for one participant and gave it away with a red light. This is partly a numbers race with the car count changing the ladder. Some leave cars at home or in the parking area that would change the balance because they feel this is a "race car" race. I ran a 13.6 @ 97 with a 93 chip, 93 gas and 15 lb of boost on a 3615 lb stock car that now has three runs on it at the track. I will be better prepared for the next Shootout, but this was just to point out that you can run what you brought and make a difference.

It's always a matter of who has the highest car count. 3 or 4 years ago, Buick stomped ford, simply because of car count. It was still fun, and there's always next year........except for 2011. Then there was no next year. Lol

No. Ford vs Ford will not be counted. I have the print out and am working on getting all compiled. There were only 69 heads up races. Per the computer print out, the official final score was F47-B21, with the tower saying that a pair came up and the Buick left before the tree very badly, the Ford then followed, so it could be F48-B21, but they are not counted as they literally ignored staging and just took off. LOL. Losses due to Red light: Buick 2 RL, Ford 1 RL. Losses due to breaking or not showing up: Buick 4 no show, Ford 5 no show. 7 Ford vs Ford races with a total of 14 cars was just for fun and are not counted in the official results above.

No. Ford vs Ford will not be counted. I have the print out and am working on getting all compiled. There were only 69 heads up races. Per the computer print out, the official final score was F47-B21, with the tower saying that a pair came up and the Buick left before the tree very badly, the Ford then followed, so it could be F48-B21, but they are not counted as they literally ignored staging and just took off. LOL. Losses due to Red light: Buick 2 RL, Ford 1 RL. Losses due to breaking or not showing up: Buick 4 no show, Ford 5 no show. 7 Ford vs Ford races with a total of 14 cars was just for fun and are not counted in the official results above.

Blake: Glad you clarified that. Don't think the guys in the tower knew what to do with the cars without an opponent from the other team.

I'm just glad we didn't see 14 bye runs counted or this thing would really been lopsided.:D

We had low participation on our side and too many cars that had problems at the track that caused them to scratch and I was one of those.

Phil Engle